The Days I Spend Alone

Lily's POV

Over the course of a few days,everything was going fine.I was homeschooled by my ma,Jade,as her mom was previously a teacher in a lot of different subjects.

My mom,Lola,taught me how to draw certain things.She has a really nice and cartoon-like style to all her drawings,but she still manages to make it somehow realistic.

Both my moms taught me music.Ma lets me practice some simple songs on her electric while Mom gives me singing lessons.I'm more interested in the singing but guitar is fun too.

As I was humming a random tune while drawing in my room,the doorbell rang while I was home alone.My head perked up,slight panic settling in.

I slowly walked over to the door and looked through the peephole.Smiling,I opened the door as it was Jess.

"Hey!Nice to see you!"I beamed at her.

She blushed a little bit but smiled back almost immediately.

"Yeah...I was just done with my studying and was wondering if we could hang out for a while?"Jess asked politely while messing with her hoodie strings.

"Sure! Come in,we can watch some movies if you want?"I offered.

"Uhm... yeah okay,sounds good!"Her confidence levels boosted back up all of a sudden.

I led her to my room and her gaze immediately leaned on the sketch pad I had been drawing on.

Jess's mouth went agape and she started blushing bright red.

"I-Is this me?"She stuttered slowly.

My eyes widened to the size of the moon.

"U-Uh yeah because I thought that you had a nice face shape and since y-you have those attachable piercings it fits a lot like it just looked really nice and I wanted to practice drawing peopl-"

"I like it."Jess breathed out.

"Y-You do?"I questioned,shocked by her reaction.

"Yeah,it's really good.You could be a great artist,Lily."Jess smiled and looked up at me.

I blushed at the comment and felt the heat creep up my neck quickly.

"Thanks...I guess."I replied nervously,hiding behind my cowslick.

She looked around,as if satisfied with my reply.

"I'm about to do something very rash."A sudden slight British accent creeping into her voice.

"Hm?Wh-"I was cut off by a sudden soft warmth on my lips.

I opened my eyes and nearly jumped in shock at the sight of Jess looking at peace with her eyes closed and lips moving slowly against mine.

I assumed that I should be moving my lips as well so I mimicked her movements slowly.She intertwined her hands at the back of my neck and I put my hands on her waist.I don't know where the sudden boost of confidence came from if I'm honest.

Jess seemed to like that and a small sigh escaped her lips as I rubbed in circular motions.We pulled away after about a minute due to the need of air.

After a while of staring into each others' eyes,I felt a warm and fuzzy feeling envelope me all of a sudden.Jess seemed to feel this too as she smiled and wrapped her small arms around me.

I hugged her back,matching her bright smile.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"Jess suddenly asked.

I blushed bright red but nodded as she looked up at me,grinning.