The Big Day

Jade's POV

Finally. It was here.

The day I would be married to the beautiful girl I love was here.

I looked in the big mirror back at my parents' house and grinned as my mum appeared behind me,putting her hands on my shoulders.I held her hands and turned around to see her tearing up.

"You look so beautiful,my angel." My mum whispered as she grabbed my hands in pride.

"Mummy's proud of you,you know that right? Grandpa would be delighted to see you look this,all pretty and dressed up."She said softly and put a bouquet of roses in my hands.

"I smiled and hugged her tightly.

"Thank you so much for helping me through these years,Mum."I spoke into her shoulder.She was the role model I had as a young girl.She was the strong woman I inspired to be.Yet here she was,crying over her own daughter,me.

My sisters ran into the room but stopped when they saw me.

"Jade,you look stunning!"My sister,Sophie exclaimed.

"Ooo,pretty..."Maria said as she played with the silk on my dress.

"I laughed at their comments and bent down to Maria's level.

"One day,you'll have a lovely dress like this,okay?"I said and kissed her forehead.

Maria smiled and hugged me.

I walked over to Sophie with Maria in my mum's arms.

"And you,annoying pest."I said jokingly,referring to the name I used to call her when we were young.

"You,fish-breath."Sophie giggled back,remembering the times when we would run around the house pretending the floor was lava.

"Hey,seriously.You're gonna find a guy who appreciates you and loves you for who you are,just because you're the kind of girl who just makes that shit happen,alright?"I said looking into her eyes and patting her head.

Sophie simply nodded and I heard my mum tutting at the swear word I used.

I was led downstairs by a few friends who came from England to see me,then brought to a fancy looking car,with my dad in it.

I got in and closed the door,breathing a shaky breath.

"It's happening,Dad."

"I know."He said reassuringly,grabbing my hands and putting the bouquet of roses on my lap.

We were on the way to the church,and all of a sudden,I felt all these emotions wash over me.I was so excited but so nervous.What if she changes her mind?What if some stupid ex of mine shows up and 'speaks now'?

My dad saw my panic and petted my hair,what he normally did when I had a panic attack when I was about 10.

I sighed and listened to his instructions:breathe in and out slowly.

By the time I had calmed down,we had reached the church and it was time for me to walk in.

I could see that everyone had arrived,the doors were slightly open and I could see people moving and mingling.

I breathed out confidently and stepped out,my dad's hand in mine.

When I stepped in the first set of doors,the church went silent and I could hear the organ starting to play.My dad nodded at me proudly and we walked together through the doors to the church.

I saw the room turn to me and I smiled not at them,but at Lola.Her big brown eyes were staring at mine,her perfect lips curved into a smile.Her hair was dyed blonde,like the color it was when I met her.Lola looked at my dress and then smiled more.It was identical to hers except Lola's had some purple ribbon while mine had red ribbon.

I reached the end of the pathway and my dad sat down,leaving me to stand right in front of her.

"You look amazing."Lola whispered.

"I could say the same for you,sugar."I smiled at her,making her blush.

The vicar smiled at us once,then cleared his throat.He said some stuff,then it came.The moment to say our 'I do's.

The vicar said something about sickness and health,and I simply said those words that would determine my future.

"I do."

I stared into Lola's eyes as she began to tear up,her staring back at me.I smiled and wiped a tear that was beginning to form.Then she said it.

"I do."

The vicar turned to Lola,and told her that she 'may kiss the bride'.Technically we were both brides but whatever.

Lola leaned in and stopped for a while,letting me close the gap between us and wrapping my arms around her neck.She smiled against my lips and held me close to her,our bodies synchronized and fitting together,like a jigsaw piece.

The best day of my life.