Chapter Thirty One.

Despite the fact that she stole my best friend, my position, she had nerves to steal my mom now.

She sat near mom; and talked with her as if she was her own mother. I hated to see her. I hated to be with her. I hated her.

But now here she was, the devil, living with me for whole one year.

Yeah ha ha, let's laugh on my misery.

My life wasn't less screwed up, when her mom suddenly decided to get ill and in a need of operation.
Okay, maybe it wasn't her fault she was suffering from breast cancer. I sympathized with her.

But wasn't it her best idea to send her daughter to live with us for one whole year while dad could take her to London for six months?

That's right. From now on, Jay and Ella will be living with us for a year...or until graduation if Ella likes it here. And she obviously does! The lime light that she is in, is obviously enjoyable.

Dad even left a huge amount of money for mom and all of us so that I don't have to work in the ice cream parlour till mom's recovery.

My head was throbbing after registering all the information in my head.

"Where will I be staying, mom?" She asked; being the good actress.

She called my mom 'mom'.

"We have a guest room but it needs some maintenance. It will be done in three days. You can stay with June in her room in the mean time. Jay will be sleeping with me for the whole year because of his sleep walking habit." Mom said smilingly at the three of us.

What? No no no. I couldn't live with the devil for even three days.

But there was no questioning when mom literally stated that.

I dragged my feet upstairs and pushed myself on the bed. Burying my face in my pillow, I let out an exasperated sigh.

I heard the door of my room getting open. I knew she was here. I didn't bother looking up and acknowledge her.

"Hello half sister." She said. I could feel her smirk.

I got up to sit and look at her.

"Hey." I spoke plainly.

"Its clear you hate me...but why? What have I even done?" She rolled her eyes and put her hands on her hips while saying this.

"I don't hate you...I'm just not fond of people stealing my everything..." I stated the fact and got up to bring my laptop to the bed.

"What did I steal?" She cocked an eyebrow up.

No matter how much I hated to admit, she looked sexy while doing that.

"My tag. My best friend. My...never mind!" I dismissed her with my hand and got engulfed in my laptop.

"Oh my Gosh...don't even say that. That tag was never yours, alright? You don't even deserve it. And best friend? Who are you kidding here? I know you both were screwing each other all this time. And just so you know, now he's mine. He loves me. He follows me like a lost puppy. So you're finally on the level you deserve to be on." She shrugged as if stating the obvious.

Just in a minute, she insulted me. And I just sat there doing nothing, saying nothing while she exited into the bathroom.

I stared into the wall dumbfounded.

Was all that she said true? Was I really nothing?

I started doubting myself like always. My insecurities found their way back to my subconscious. Before some years, when I was in doubt about myself, Zayd was always there to make me feel normal.
And a month back, every day, he never failed to make me feel special.