Chapter 18: "Did you just compare me to mouldy cheese?"

The first thing that went through my mind was: ‘fuck he looks like a mama bear pissed  off with the daddy bear.’ Then I started freak out because this anger was directed at me.

“Dude: chill.” Jaden said walking past me and strolling into the kitchen. He had better be getting my ice.

“Don’t just walk away and deal with this you asshole!” Noah called after him following Jaden into the kitchen. I waited about two seconds before scuttling after the both of them too. This is better than the movies.

“You are over reacting,” I heard Jaden say when I walked into the spacious and shiny kitchen. For a minute I stopped to stare at the glamorousness of it all, the marbled black and white work surfaces, the shining white cupboards, the sleek cooker and breakfast bar.

Once I got my eyesight back I turned my attention to Jaden and Noah, Jaden was bent over going through the freezer and Noah was standing beside him scowling.

“What are you looking for?” Noah askes sounding annoyed for even being curious.

“I hit my head on your bath.” I said wincing as another lance of pain shot through my skull.

“Served you right, letting me think you had been abducted and were being raped by some creeper peeper!” Noah said spinning around to give me the evillest eye I have ever seen. I couldn’t even laugh at his rhyming.

I looked down; slightly ashamed at myself.

“Sorry,” I said looking back up to say it to his face and not my feet.

“Yeah, then I come home and find you two like this.” Noah said still sounding pretty damned pissed.

Huh? What the hell is he talking about? Is it because I drunk his booze?

“Here,” Jaden said closing the freezer door and striding up to me with a small smirk on his lips.

“Thanks,” I said taking the bag of ice from his hands and pressing it to the back of my head gratefully. That felt good.

“Elyon can you please explain to me what the hell is going on?” Noah said his voice sounding strained.  Oh right, mama bear: angry. Forgot for a second there.

“I got fired, came here and started drinking with Jaden?” I said but couldn’t help it sounding like a question.

“I think he means that,” Jaden said looking down at my legs with a sly smile. I frowned and followed his gaze to my bare legs. Oh. That. Yeah, that makes more sense.

“Jaden started it!” I said in a rush while stepping behind Jaden slightly and out of Noah’s line of sight suddenly feeling very self-cautious.  

This didn’t seem to help my cause.

“Oh I see, the minute he gets you into bed you no longer ‘hate’ him?” Noah said throwing a glare at Jaden who was trying very hard at holding in his laughter.

“What the hell are you talking about you lunatic?!” I demanded popping my head out from the side Jaden’s elbow. He thought I slept with the guy that took my best friends virginity not three days ago?

Though I was standing behind said guy hiding my bareness.

“You, him: exchange of bodily fluids!” Noah said sounding hysterical by this point.

I scowled and threw the bag of ice at him; hitting my target. His face.

“You listen here you retarded fuck, just because I drink some alcohol it does not mean I will jump into bed with the first asshole I meet.” I said my breathing coming short.