Chapter 21: "I guess it's herpes roulette now."

The ride back to the flat was tense to say the least. No one would look at each other and no one would speak. I felt terrible, like there was something bubbling away in my stomach and it wouldn’t stop bubbling.

The more I thought about the voice mails the steadier my panic became plus the sadness began to melt into anger. Which was one bipolar feeling that made my head hurt when I tried to actually sort out my emotions.

The sick taste in my mouth wasn’t helping too much either.

How could she do that to me? I have done nothing, nothing but be grateful and defend her from the moment I stepped foot into that high school. And she called me and ungrateful cow?

No I wasn’t sad, I was pissed.

And scared.

“We’re here,” Noah said bringing me out of my hazy fit.

I looked up and met two pair of eyes watching me like I was about to break. Pity. God I hated that word. As if I haven’t had enough of that to last me a life time already.

“Quit looking at me like that.” I grumbled opening the car door and stepping out without a backwards glance. The only reason I knew they had followed me was by the sound of the car doors slamming shut.

“You can just head up. We will get the food.” Noah said but I was already heading towards the door.

“Keys?” I called over my shoulder. You needed a key to get into the building, I would have rung the buzzer but I doubt that Nicolas will actually answer right now.

“Catch!” Jaden yelled throwing me his keys; I caught them deftly and shoved the funny looking one into the funny looking lock.

Logic people.

The door opened with the usual ‘click’ and I headed straight for the elevator. Once in and going up I allowed myself to breathe: to think.

I’m going to have something to eat, call Dave, and enjoy some free time. Cassidy has no right to tell me who I can hang around with. Even if it is the scumbag who stole her virginity.

He didn’t steal mine. So why shouldn’t I hang around with him and his friends?

God I sound awful.

The elevator ‘dinged’ and I clambered out, heading straight to the flat that I had spent the night in. I didn’t even pause when I entered the house without knocking.

They can whine later.

I plunge onto the sofa kicking my feet onto the coffee table my eyes catching a half empty bottle of tequila on the corner.

My stomach rolled but I found myself reaching for it anyway, just one sip.

“Leave it,” someone said from the kitchen making me jump and turn wildly towards the person.

I was expecting Nicolas but instead Luke emerged from the doorway and immediately swiped up the bottle: removing it from my grasp.

“Stupid Jedi.” I muttered sliding deeper into the sofa to give him a glare.

“As if I haven’t heard that one before.” Luke snorted going back into the kitchen, to hide the booze from me I guess.

“Thanks for the help Little E!” Noah said carrying an armful of frozen food into the kitchen not long after Luke had disappeared. I smiled as best as I could and nodded.

“I’m here for you dude.” I called back still not moving from my position. He didn’t reply but I did catch the sound of his muffled laughter from the kitchen.