Chapter 37: "You may have no reproductive organs."

“Yeah...Sure, so how long exactly will that take?”

Jaden was on the phone to the fire department. After five, incredibly long, minutes of freaking out and screaming for help he remembered he had his phone.

Douche.

I was still sitting on the floor, but now I had pushed myself against the wall opposite Jaden; my knee’s tucked into my chest as I focused on him talking and not that fact that this small space was slowly getting smaller.

Memories of being locked away in a small room for days on end came forward and I struggled to catch my breath.

Calm. Down. Now!

“They said it will take them half an hour at the least to get us out of here.” Jaden sighed putting his phone back into his pocket. He moved to come closer to me and I waved my hands.

“Stay over there, that way my space will look bigger,” I said my voice rising.

I can’t be stuck in here for half an hour! I’ll pass out way before then!

“Are you scared of small places Elly?” Jaden said his voice soft. I risked a look into his face and saw no trace of humour there and nodded.

“Yeah, I mean I go up and down this thing all the time. But that’s different. I don’t have to think about it. Now I do.” I explained my voice low as I tried to remember to breath.

“Okay then,” Jaden said making his way to me.

I began to complain but he simply moved me forward a little and slipped into the space behind me. He sat down and laid his legs down at either side of mine and leaned his chin on my head.

“There, now you can’t see me.” He said his chest vibrating against my back.

I was too stunned to say anything.

I haven’t had him this close to me before, at least not when I was awake.

“Want to play a game?” He suddenly asked his chin leaving my head and appearing in the corner of my vision. He was smirking.

Never a good sign.

“What game?” I asked suspiciously. He chuckled and I marvelled at the feeling it sent through my body in waves.

“Just the one liner game again.” He said and I felt him shrug.

A vision of the last time we played this game ran through my mind and a smile fell onto my lips without my permission.

“Do you promise to not to try and kill me this time?” I questioned shaking my head.

“I promise.” He said nodding. I laughed and agreed with him.

Anything to keep my mind occupied from the two problems I’m being faced with.

“Then let’s make things interesting, the person who comes up with fewer liners has to do one thing for the winner?” He said his voice full of his heinous planning.

I frowned and shook my head.

“Why do I feel like I am being trapped into a corner?” I mumbled.

He laughed and wrapped his arms firmly around my chest and whispered in my ear:

“Because you are.”

A cold shiver ran over me as I tried not to think about how minty his breath was or how much muscles were in one of his arms alone.

I failed.