Chapter 36: "I look like I'm a prostitute on a bender!"

“How many marshmallows can you fit in your mouth?” Nicolas asked me as we all sat around the coffee table playing cards and betting for Marshmallows.

Noah and Lily were at Lily’s getting new clothes or something, but Luke, Nicolas, Jaden and I were all gathered around the table playing poker.

And guess who was winning?

Jaden.

That fat ass.

“I don’t know? Five?” I muttered checking my cards and figuring out what my next play will be.

“That’s it?” Nicolas carried on eyeing me over his hand.

“I’m sure she could fit more than that in if she wanted.” Jaden said smirking at his cards.

My eyes narrowed, I just know that was meant to be taken as an innuendo.

“I don’t know Jay-Jay, I’m sure you could fit well more in.” I replied placing my cards face down on the table. I think I’ll just stick with what I’ve got.

He shook his head and chuckled quietly.

“Right I fold.” Luke said throwing his cards onto the table and sighing.

Nicolas swore and done the same: his previous comment forgotten.

“So what will it be Elly?” Jaden asked coyly.

I narrowed my eyes.

I only had two pairs...

“I’m still in.” I said confidently.

He smirked.

“Then let’s do this, ladies first.”

I showed them my cards and he grinned his freaking ass off.

“Royal flush bitches!”

Nicolas and Luke cursed as Jaden stole all of our marshmallows, he completely robbed us.

“You cheat worse than Elyon!” Nicolas complained throwing his hands in the air. Jaden laughed and stood up popping his joints as he did making me wince.

“You guys just suck Nick,” Jaden replied laughing.

Nicolas pouted and leaned his back against the couch in a mini tantrum; I smiled and stood shaking out my numb legs.

“Wanna take me home now?” I asked Jaden pointing out my outfit from last night.

“Sure, but let’s stop at Starbucks.” He said nodding and grabbing his car keys from the coffee table.

“Sounds like a plan,” I agree walking to the door with him.

“Hey! Wait? Is Elyon staying here tonight?” Nicolas asked frowning.

“Yeah,” Jaden replied frowning too.

“Why? Do you not want me to?” I asked a little confused by his tone.

“No! It’s just I won’t be here, I have to watch Gracie again and I think Noah is staying with Lily. So basically, it will be you two. Alone.”

Oh.

Jaden and I turned to look at each other both frowning and wincing.

“I can crash here tonight if you two can’t handle being alone together...” Luke said smirking: an evil glint in his eyes.

“Don’t be stupid, we’re not children.” Jaden snapped folding his arms over his chest.

“Nothing would happen anyway.” I said narrowing my eyes at Luke.