Chapter 19: "Every Fucker for themselves."

It was the throbbing in my head that woke me up. And man did it throb.

“Ugh,” I moaned forcing my eyes open and quickly closing them again when the dim light of daylight stung them.

Where was I again? This didn’t feel like my bed, no it felt like a sofa by the way my neck hurt like a little bitch. Slowly I opened my eyes again allowing them to adjust to the light. I was on a sofa. Just not mine, definitely not mine.

I forced my achy body to sit up and look at the mess I was surrounded by; empty beer bottles and glasses littered the glass coffee table in front of me. I swung my legs off of the sofa and hit something squishy and hard at the same time.

I squealed like a girl and pulled my feet back up again.

“What the hell?” Jaden’s sleep filled voice floated up from the ground and I sighed in relief. It wasn’t a monster after all. 

Back to the point at hand I think.

“Jaden?” I said my voice croaking. What the hell was I still doing here? Oh no, shit. School! Fuck. I began to look around for a clock but nausea overcame me and I had to stop all movements and try not to puke all over Jaden who was still lying on the floor.

“Who else stupid?” Jaden complained sitting up and pulling himself onto the couch beside me. He had to move my legs out of the way to do so, and the jerking action this caused to the rest of my body nearly made me lose control of all the liquid in my stomach right now.

“Careful!” I groaned leaning forwards and breathing deeply. I will not be sick! Being sick is the worst thing in the world.

“Sorry,” Jaden mumbled sleepily before leaning back into the sofa and looking up at the ceiling. I frowned and peeked at him from the corner of my eye. He must be hungover if he is apologising to me. Again.

“Why am I still here?” I whispered scared if I opened my mouth too much I would puke.

“You couldn’t walk in a straight line last night, plus you crashed out.” Jaden said and I just knew he was smirking.

“What the hell happened?” I asked irritated. I was late for school. No scratch that. I was way too ill to go today. And it’s all his fault for tempting me and not telling me to just go home and cool down.

“We got drunk.” Jaden said and I turned my head, carefully, to glare at him.

“No? I thought this headache and fucking sick feeling was because I saw your face so early in the morning.” I growled out not in the mood for any of his shit right now.

“Ouch,” Jaden said his eyes shining.

I looked him over and felt slightly happy that no matter how good a person looked; if they had been seriously drunk the night before they still look like shit the next morning.

His hair was everywhere, his face looked sunken and pale, and his whole posture screamed: “I’m dying!”

It honestly made me feel better.

Until I realised how I must look right now.

“Where is everyone else?” I asked pushing myself to sit back and lean heavily against the back of the couch. I couldn’t even move myself further away from Jaden, we were so close our sides were pressed against each other.

But right at the minute all I cared about was not puking.

“In bed.” Jaden said with a shrug.

“Then why were you lying on the floor?” I asked with a frown. And he was far too close to me when he had been sleeping. I mean there is a lot of floor in this place to choose from.