Chapter 43: "The level of awkwardness is enough to shrink my balls."

He hung up on me and I had to fight with my shaking hands to push the phone into my jeans pocket. 

“We have to get out of here. Now.” I grabbed Lilly, the white dress and my jacket before dragging her to the cashier.

“Oh my God, is he here? Elyon? Is he?” She whispered her eyes darting about.

“Yes, now act normal.” I whispered back before trying to smile at the woman behind the counter as she took my money.

As soon as the receipt was in the bag and I had my change Lily and I practically flew out of that shop and into her waiting car outside.

“Drive!” I half yelled at her as she fiddled with her car keys.

Finally, we were on our way but I was still half expecting my Dad to leap out at us. My hands were shaking and my body wouldn’t release the tension it had gathered during the phone call.

My phone rang again. I jumped halfway out of my seat and pulled the offending item out of my pocket, the relief that flooded me when I read the name on the screen was unreal.

“Elyon?” Jaden practically yelled into my ear and I flinched glancing at Lily who quickly shot me an apologetic look.

“I told Noah, in case something happened. He most have told him.” She explained staring at the road in front of her.

“Hey,” I said wearily, unsure of how to react to this situation.

“Don’t you ‘hey’ me you massive fucking idiot. Why the hell didn’t you call me the second he called you?”

Okay, wow. Calm down my ear just about blew off dude.

“Jaden, I am fine. Nothing happened, I don’t need to run to you every time something bad happens.” I said running a hand through my hair and sighing.

There was nothing but silence form his side of the line and for a minute I thought I had went overboard, he was only trying to keep me safe after all.

“You’re a major pain in the ass, just hurry up and get home so I can yell at you.”

I pulled the phone away from my ear and stared at in awe. He actually hung up on me. That ass wipe thinks he can whine like a bitch and then hang up on me?

Then I smiled, it was stupid but I did. He said ‘home’ and that calmed some of my shaking and tension, even if it was something that just slipped by accident; it still made me smile.

~*~

“Ugh, can’t we just go back to yours?” I asked Lily as we headed up to the flat in the elevator. Lily laughed in return and looked at me before shaking her head.

“I don’t know how you do it Elyon, you seem so normal.” She said sobering up her laughter to give me a straight out curious look.

I felt my eyes widen and my heart race slightly. ‘Normal’? Is that how I seemed?

“I don’t know? I’m just that cool I guess.” I said trying to laugh off the panic building in my chest.

Ding.

We stepped out into the hallway leading to the guy’s flat and proceeded to make our way there.

“They are gonna flip when we go in here,” I muttered just outside the door, working myself up enough to open it.

Lily sighed and folded her arms over her chest.

“I’m just glad we left the dress in the car, this could get bloody.”