Chapter 7: "They have some issues in the bedroom department."

As I had predicted I woke up late-again. Made it to school in a daze only focussed on getting there not caring about the ‘how.’ I made it with five minutes to spare.

“Cutting it close Elyon.” Cassidy said waiting by my locker with a shy smile. I slowed down when I saw her not really knowing what to say. We haven’t spoken since Friday-things were bound to be awkward. Especially when I scared the shit out of her and made her think I was some animal.

“Yeah...” I mumbled entering the code for my locker. I felt her eyes on me causing the back of my neck tingle.

“Look Cass, I’m sorry for what happened on Friday. I know what I said was wrong but she hit me first.” I said in a rush still facing my locker unable to look at her face. There was shuffling noise and I took that as Cassidy leaving at my crappy apology but instead of leaving Cassidy wrapped her slender arms around my waist in a weird bear hug and sighed.

“I’m sorry for freaking out.” I was frozen in place; I’m not really a hug type of person so I was unsure of how to act.

“Uhm Cass? Can you let go I have to close my locker and the bell just rang.” I finally said when it looked like Cassidy wasn’t going to end her hugging session.  Her hands were suddenly gone allowing me to get my things, close my locker and turn back towards her.

“Sorry,” she said looking at her feet a tinge of pink on her cheeks. I bit my lip to hide my smile and gripped her shoulder.

“Let’s go to class Cass.” At least I hadn’t lost my friend through all of this.

All morning people stared at me whispering, knowing full well I could hear and see them. It was pissing me off. During break a cluster off first years actually scuttled out of my way when I passed them protecting their faces.  I just gave them a: ‘what the fuck?’ Look and carried on walking.

I guess all of this was because of my awesome right hook and Alice’s crooked nose. It didn’t help when they noticed my still bandaged hand, Cassidy said that was more than enough proof that it was really me that done it.

I took the bandages off last night before my shower and was pleased to see nice yellowing bruises, I was almost healed. Cassidy also demanded I tell her everything that happened on Sunday at Noah’s place which is what I was doing now; in the lunchroom for a change.

 I hated being in here, it’s too noisy. Everyone has their own tables and friend that they sit with, I could see Alice’s table at the other end of the hall. Her nose was covered in gauze and looked very bulky, even from here. I hadn’t bumped into her once today meaning she was trying very hard to stay out of my way since our lockers are beside each other.

I also hadn’t seen Noah or the rest of the idiot squad; I wasn’t sure how to feel about that one.

“Was the girl pretty?” Cassidy asked once I had finished telling her my story. We were sitting at a small round table in the back corner away from as much people as possible. I refused to sit anywhere else and since Cassidy wanted to know about Sunday she didn’t argue.

“No. She looked like a child had coloured in her face with a Crayola. Why?” I asked taking a bite out of my apple, the only safe lunch choice, giving her a suspicious look. She ducked her head from my gaze while picking at her wilting salad.

“I was just trying to imagine her. She doesn’t go here does she?” I remembered what Jaden had told me about Cassidy wanting his number. Oh God, was she jealous over this girl?

“I don’t think so. Look Cass, Jaden is an idiot. You could do way better than that sleaze bag.” I said placing my half eaten back down onto the table with slightly more force than was necessary. I looked back up to see Cassidy’s reaction but she wasn’t looking at me. She was looking behind me her mouth open in horror.