Chapter 15: "I was in the bad boys den."

When I woke up the next morning I was hit with a sense of dread. Cassidy was coming into school today which meant I was going to be arguing with a lot of people. One of the main contenders being Alice.

Reluctantly, I got ready for school dressing in my usual style of clothing: dark skinnies, a long sleeved t-shirt that had the batman symbol on it, and a pair of black flats. I left my hair down only brushing out the tangles and allowing the unruly curls to roll down my back before moving into the kitchen to feed my stomach.

Once I had eaten some toast I grabbed my bag and headed for the door remembering to lock it at the last moment.

I thanked the heavens that it wasn’t raining today as I took the trek to school. If only I had a car. I can drive, I have a license: I just need a car and insurance. Things only money can buy, and if you haven’t noticed I’m a little short on the stuff.

I was too busy with my thoughts to notice a sleek black car slow down beside me. The windows were too dark for me to see the owner but I knew this car. Granted I had only seen it at night.

I stopped and turned to face the now still car with a frown.

“Enjoying your walk Baker?” Jaden asked once the passenger window was rolled down. I rolled my eyes and continued to walk but he only followed.

“What do you want?” I asked annoyed but kept my steady pace. Stupid car owner showing off his stupid car.

“Oh nothing just wanted to say hi on my way to school. Y’know in my car where I hardly break out in a sweat.” Jaden said, I didn’t have to look at him to know he was smirking at me right now.

“Really? Wow, aren’t you sweet.” I said sarcastically biting back any swear words.

“Oh I know I am, see you at school then.” He rolled up his window then and drove away so fast he was out of my sight in seconds. I finally stopped and huffed out a sigh.

For a second there I thought he was going to give me a ride into school. I guess not.

With another sigh I began walking again, a little bit more pissed off than before.

As usual I made it to school five minutes to the bell and I had to rush to my locker to get my History text book. I was more than a little surprised to see Cassidy standing at my locker looking very tired and worn. She sure was pushing her luck.

“Hey,” I said gently when I was close enough to her and my locker. Her head snapped up to mine in surprise.

“Elyon,” she breathed out in relief her body sagging and losing some of its rigidness. She looked like utter shit. Seriously, there was no life in her at all.

“How are you?” I asked opening my locker and pulling out my history text book and slid my bag into the space I created.

“Better, thanks to you.” She said looking down the corridor nervously. I sighed and locked the door again.

“Yeah well it was only natural. Now let’s get you to class before you have a fit.” I say pulling on her elbow and leading the way to Art which was in the opposite way of my History class.

“What? But you…” She began to protest but I quickly shushed her down.

“Alice is in your Art class right?” I asked not letting go of her elbow.

“Yeah, but Elyon I can handle this on my own.” She said her voice weak and contradicting. I don’t even reply I just continued to pull her along. We both know how badly she didn’t want to bump into Alice alone.