Chapter 29: "I am Jack! Captain Jack Sparrow!"

I didn’t think, I couldn’t, I just hurtled myself down the steps and threw myself into the cold night air.

I plunged my hand into my jeans pocket pulling out my phone and walking the way Jaden would have when he went home.

Ring.

Ring.

“Answer the phone you fucking dipshit.” I muttered nervously into the phone while looking around waiting for someone to jump out at me at any moment.

“Well isn’t that a nice way to greet someone.” Jaden’s voice echoed from the other side of the phone and I let out a little sigh of relief.

“Where are you?” I demanded ignoring his previous comment and picked up my pace a little.

“I’m nearly home, why?” He asked sounding confused.

“Good, don’t move. No wait turn back and start walking to mine again.” I half yelled looking over my shoulder noticing a shadow moving near my apartment.

“What? No, why would I do that?” He yelled back.

“Just shut up and come and get me.”

Okay so maybe this wasn’t the best way to ask for someone’s help.

“What have you done now?” He finally muttered with a sigh.

“Nothing, God, listen I think someone has been at my house. And by someone I mean a lunatic that is going to kill me if he finds me.”

There was a round of silence and I felt my heart skip a beat.

“Has this got anything to do with what you and Cassidy were arguing about earlier?”

I groaned and ran my free hand through my hair.

“No...It has everything to do with that.”

“Okay, just stay where you are and I’ll come and get you. Fuck sake, the amount of enemies one fricken girl has is unbelievable.” He hung up on me leaving me alone on the dark street and freaking out a little.

My Dad could be hiding anywhere, in a bin...A bush. Okay maybe not, but this is still seriously scary.

He was at my house.

My house, how could Cassidy bloody tell him where I live?

I slid my phone back into my pocket and let out a sharp breath through my nose, no need to panic Elyon. He is just trying to mess with you: he won’t kill you...Yet. He wants to have a bit of fun first.

“Hey,” a large hand landed on my shoulder and without thinking I let out a shriek, turned on my heel, my eyes closing in fright, and let my fist connect with my attacker’s nose.

Crack.

“Holly shit Elyon!” Jaden yelled. I opened my eyes and covered my mouth. Jaden was standing there cupping a bloody nose. Woops.

“I’m so sorry,” I waved my hands in a panic before grabbing his wrists and pulling his hands away from his bloody nose so I could inspect the damage.

“What the hell where you thinking?” He groaned as I touched his nose gently trying to avoid the blood running down his chin. I looked quickly into his eyes letting out a sigh.

“It’s not broken, sorry again by the way, and I was thinking ‘shit he found me.’” I dropped my hands from his face and he sighed pinching his nose and tilting his head back slightly to stop the blood flow.

“I can’t believe you punched me. Ow,” he whined glaring down at me.

“I said I was sorry now can we please go back to the problem at hand?”