Chapter 13: "A way to shave every hair from his body and sell it all on EBay!"

The rest of detention was made up of my silence and Lilly harassing Noah.

I was glad Jaden and I could at least be civil to each other again, well either civil or go back to ignoring each other. This meant I didn’t have to spend my time skulking about the corridors or find my weekends were wasted by hunting down the asshole.

After detention I made my way to Dave’s Diner without much enthusiasm, I was too drained from last night and the eventful detention. Then I had my shift at the supermarket afterwards to go to, and I had no Noah to pick me much.

The three times he had given me a ride were uncomfortable but I got home much quicker and without worry, I would almost miss the car ride with him-almost. 

“Hey there,” Dave greeted me as soon as I walked through the door. I smiled widely in return and made my way to the staff room.

Tim was already there rummaging in his locker for something lost.

“Hello Timothy!” I said loudly making him jump and bang his head on to locker’s edge with a very loud ‘thump.’

He swore and spun round to look at me with his lips mashed into a thin line.

“Jesus Christ Elyon, you little twit!” He yelled rubbing his head creating a mass of tangles on top of his head.

“Why thank you darling,” I said with a grin and made my way to the locker beside him to collect my things.

“Ugh, why are you so happy? It’s creepy.” Tim muttered closing his locker and tying on his apron roughly.

“I’m not happy?” I said unsure. Was I happy? I wasn’t unhappy I was just normal.

“You are and it’s weird, what happened?” He asked once I had tied on my own apron.

“Nothing much.” I said with a shrug. I just crippled a guy’s balls and said guy apologised to me, funny how life works.

Smiling slightly I made my way back into the diner ignoring Tim’s questioning look.

It was half an hour into my shift when my worst nightmare happened.

The bell above the entrance tinged and I immediately turned to see who was coming in and was stopped in my tracks when I saw who it was.

Jaden, Noah, Nicolas and Luke.

They all grinned when they saw me, even Jaden. I sighed and walked up to them dread seeping into my body with every step.

“What the hell are you all doing here?” I asked not bothering to put up my façade. This only seemed to make them happier.

“Is this the way you treat all of your customer’s? We will have to complain.” Nick said in an offended voice. Little bitch. I sighed and straightened my stance.

“Sorry wait till I find a waitress that gives a fuck.” I said in my best ‘cheery’ voice before letting my fake smile drop again.

“Better?” I asked sarcastically in my usual tone.

“Much now I think that table looks pretty good,” Nicolas said moving away towards the table with the rest laughing behind him.

Before Jaden turned his back to me he dropped his laughter and gave me a straight look. Like before, I was pulled into his eyes finding it increasingly hard to look away but he simply nodded and continued on to the table Nicolas had chosen.

Holy Mother of God he had to stop doing that! I think I lose some brain cells each time he does.

“Your menu’s,” I said nice as possible as I placed their menus onto the table. “Can I take your drinks?”