Chapter 45: "I will shove this very high heel up your whorey ass."

It took us about half an hour to get to the church the wedding was being held at and another ten minutes to find a parking place.

“Well, here we go then.” Jaden muttered as we walked towards the loud crowd of people gathered by the church’s main entrance. The family and friends I suppose.

The church really was quite beautiful, it was secluded from the town and clatter of the city. Surrounded by trees and wildlife. It was the epitome of a ‘perfect’ wedding brochure.

“Jaden?” An older man’s voice brought me out of my viewing of the stain glass windows.

“Hey Uncle Graham,” Jaden said smiling at the man.

He looked nice enough, tall and all laugh lines around his eyes from age. His hair was greying in spots but it seemed he didn’t care about his aging, it oddly suited him; the flecks of silver.

“It really was you! I heard you were coming, but I didn’t actually think this was your type of thing.” The man, Graham, said grabbing Jaden in a quick ‘man hug.’

“It’s really not. I’m only here for Lydia.” Jaden replied stepping back to my side, his hand sliding into mine without a single glance in my direction.

“Ah...And you must be Jaden’s girlfriend? Alice was it?” Grahams tone changed, his eyes narrowing on me slightly.

Wow, Alice sure does make a good impression on folk.

“No way in hell! I’m Elyon, and I’m his friend. A friend he bloody cheated into making sure I came today.” I said glancing at Jaden’s slowly growing smile.

Grahams whole demeanour changed, his shoulders relaxed and his laugh lines released their tension.

“Alice is long gone, that stupid idiot.” I found myself saying scowling slightly.

Grahams eyebrows twitched upwards in question.

“Alice and Elly don’t get on very well.” Jaden summed up smirking down at me quickly.

Understatement of the century there jackass.

“I see. So the two of you aren’t…” He trailed off suggestively his green eyes flickering between the two of us.

“No!” I denied a little too fast causing the two men to laugh in return. If he steps one toe out of line I swear to whatever God still likes me that I will kill him.

“No, we’re just friends Uncle,” Jaden confirmed nodding slightly, his smile foreshadowing his hidden intentions.

“Well, that’s a shame now; looks like something mighty good would come out of it. Ah, there’s your mother heading this way...I’m just going over there then. Y’know how she gets...”And with that Graham practically ran away.

Pretty spring for an older man.

I turned my attention away from the scampering man back towards the direction he was looking in before leaving and saw a beautiful woman make her way through the crowd towards us.

She was Jaden’s splitting image. Her short brown hair bounced elegantly on her shoulder, and even from this distance her dark, dark, eyes tore my soul apart.

This was Jaden’s mother. 

“Hey Mum,” Jaden said letting go of my hand to hug the woman on her approach. I smiled at the sight and ignored the sharp pang of longing in my chest.

“It is good to see you,” his mother said pulling away from him to see his face properly. As she did, her eyes glanced over his shoulder to meet my own.