Chapter 39: "Seriously, the girl snores like a horny bear."

I can’t tell you what I was feeling when I woke up to the most beautiful pair of brown eyes watching me sleepily. And I can’t tell you what those eyes were seeing as they stared into the deepest pits of my soul.

For the first few minutes all I could do was stare back into his eyes, his dark, dark eyes, that had a rim of black encasing the brown; and wonder how we ended up like this.

How I could be here and want nothing else.

“Hey,” he finally whispered his lips tugging into a lazy smile.

I smiled back instantly.

“Hey,” I repeated at complete ease.

Jaden shifted slightly and pulled me closer to him, if that was even possible. During the night I had turned to face him and we ended up tangled together in a fierce grip.

“What time is it?” I questioned yawning.

“Half six, I guess I’m too used to getting up for school.” He whispered back his hands trailing over my sides soothingly. I don’t think he even realised he was doing it.

“School...” I groaned closing my eyes.

“We don’t have to go, we can just go back to sleep.” He murmured. I sighed and opened my eyes again.

“Don’t tempt me Jaden,” I whined. He chuckled throatily the sound causing my stomach to sweep.

“I’m not, I’ll call my Mum. Ask her to sort it all out so it doesn’t affect your scholarship. I have to tell her what happened anyway.” He said smiling slightly.

His Mum again. Whenever he spoke of her he changed, turned soft almost.

“What’s she like? Your Mum I mean.” I said suddenly causing him to quirk an eyebrow at me.

“She’s a Mum, a hard ass and extremely scary. She was hardly around when I was younger but when she was I could do nothing but adore her.” He answered me anyway and I grinned at his explanation.

“You will have to introduce her to me at the wedding.” I said still whispering.

He smirked and nodded his hands stilling from their task.

“I will.” He promised nodding.

“What’s the rest of your family like?” I asked.

Over the last few days I realised I hardly know anything about Jaden’s family, hell I didn’t even know he had a sister! 

“You’ll just have to wait two weeks to find out Elly.” He said laughing and I sighed.

“So? Will you go to school or stay with me for the rest of the day?” He asked with a confident smirk and his hands began to trail my back.

He so doesn’t play fair!

“I guess staying won’t be so bad.” I managed to whisper allowing my eyes to close again.

But I never got to fall back asleep.

“Jay! Have you seen Little E she isn’t in her…!” Noah yelled barging into the room. I looked over my shoulder in surprise at the intrusion. Then, he saw us, wrapped up together in bed so close we looked like one huge person, and froze.

He was standing half in the room and half out, his hand still holding onto the door.

“Not so loud dude.” Jaden complained squinting over my shoulder at Noah.

I rolled my eyes and smiled at Noah awkwardly.

“Did you find her?” Lily’s voice drifted from down the corridor just before she came into sight, she instantly froze like her annoying boyfriend.