Chapter 4: "Whatever, the punch was good."

After the whole ‘shooting’ fiasco I made it to Thursday night without anything out of the ordinary happening. I was sitting in my living room after my shift at the supermarket, seriously about to just pass out at any given moment, I had decided to eat something before going to bed. I had just taken the last bite of my sandwich when the annoying ringtone on my phone sounded, almost making me choke and have a heart attack in the same sentence. I glared down at my phone on the coffee table wondering who the hell is phoning me at half one in the morning. There was no caller ID so it obviously wasn’t someone who had called before.

“Hello?” I asked into the phone as I place it to my ear.

“Elyon?” A deep voice questioned from the other line. My eyes widened in surprise.

“How did you get my number Noah?” I hear a chuckle and I shake my head slightly. What the hell kind of situation is this?

“Your friend Cassidy sure does talk.” I pinch the bridge of my nose in frustration.

“That idiot.” I whisper down the line.

“You shouldn’t bad mouth your friends you know?” Noah laughed. I suddenly felt ten time more tired than before.

“Why are you calling me Noah?” I asked getting more and more irritated.

“Just wanted to know if you are in with this tutoring deal?” He asked and I was sure he was trying to hold back more laughter. I sighed and nodded before remembering he can’t actually see me.

“Yes Noah I’ll tutor you. But I don’t come cheap. I want 10 dollars an hour.” Noah sucked in a deep breath and I couldn’t help the little smug smile that covered my lips. Take that douchebag.

“Fine you little swindler.” He sighed down the line causing me to laugh.

“Gotta make a living, it’s a tough world kid.” I say putting on a business man voice.

“Kid?” Noah repeated disbelievingly, “I’m 6”0 and your what 5”2? 5”1? And you’re known as the ‘little nerd,’ do not forget! If anyone is a kid here, it’s you.” I grimace at his mention of my height. He was dead on with the 5”2, that didn’t mean he had to mention it! 

“Don’t call me that, seriously Noah.” I said my voice low.

“Okay I get it. You have a height complex. Completely understandable when you’re the height of shite.” Besides myself, I laughed.

“Okay Noah let’s get back to the main topic so I can get some sleep. I only have Sunday’s free, so how about we meet up somewhere at four-ish?” I said trying to end this conversation as my bed was calling for me.

“That’s cool with me. Why don’t we meet up at mine then?” Before I could ask for directions or even agree to his terms, Noah screams a lot of swear words which were followed by some strange shuffling noises. At first I thought he was getting mugged but when a different smoother voice sounded on the other end of the line. I realised he had been phone hijacked.

“Who’s this?” The voice asked gruffly.

“Right back at you.” I say automatically frowning.

“I asked you first,” the boy said, “go away Simmons. Can’t you see I’m trying to have a conversation?” I could hear Noah laughing and calling the guy some very imaginative words that I decided to store in my memory banks for Alice. Remembering Alice made me remember someone else and I knew who was on the other end of the line instantly.

“Ahh...You are Jaden Blake-right?” I asked settling further into my sofa my head feeling heavy.

“100 points, now who are you?”