Chapter 44: "You smile like a five year old meeting Barney."

And just like that the weeks drew in. A silent routine was developed that we followed unknowingly each day. Noah had started to stay over at Lily’s throughout the week and I slept in his room, at the weekends he and Lily would return to the apartment and I would sleep on the couch. Well, I was supposed to sleep on the couch. I almost always ended up in Jaden’s bed with him on those days.

The next morning no one would speak about it.

All we did was sleep, but it was still something none of us felt needed to be brought up: yet. There were more important things going on.

Like school.

No more ditching; I put my foot down. Exams were also drawing nearer and I absolutely would not allow myself to get anything below a B. And since Jaden didn’t want me to be alone for more than was necessary the guys stayed in school too.

I felt a little smug about that. 

Dave still hadn’t contacted me and my worry about him was near my boiling point, I called Tim every day to ask if he had heard from him yet. I always got the same answer.

Cassidy also hadn’t been in school lately, I took that as both a good sign and I dangerous one. Something felt wrong about not seeing her damaging glare each day.

Then there was my latest worry.

The stupid ass wedding I was forced into agreeing to go to. Lily was excited though, she was dying to get her hands on my hair again apparently.

In fact, that’s what she was rattling on about a moment ago when I tuned her out. We were in the living room of the apartment, the two of us tucked on the couch a half-eaten pizza box on the coffee table between us.

The guys were all out for a change, family stuff or something. Again, I tuned out.

“Elyon? Sheesh, are you even listening? This wedding is tomorrow and you haven’t even decided on what colour of nail varnish to wear.” Lily whined tugging on the sleeve of my t-shirt to get my wavering attention.

Oh God, did she just say nail varnish?

“Lil, listen to me. I am not wearing nail varnish, nor am I wearing fake eyelashes!” I said turning in my seat to give her a determined stare. She pursed her lips in return.

“Fine, but when you meet one of his ex’s at this party and she is a complete babe you better not complain.” Lily said crossing her arms over her chest and I had to glare at her.

She wasn’t even subtle in her sly comments anymore.

“Good, I’d hope he had some taste in woman. Exactly why he wouldn’t go for me and I for him.” I said this, but inside I was picturing some super model with her hands touching Jaden in ways that I never would. My stomach knotted uncomfortably.

Lily gave me a knowing look, again this had become too common for my liking.

“The two of you are so stubborn.” She muttered shaking her head. I chose to ignore her, instead choosing to look at my phone. My brand new, state of the art, smart phone that Jaden gave me exactly two hours after smashing mine to smithereens. The smarmy asshole could do nothing but grin when he handed it to me.  

I had a new text message:

The man of the house will be home in 10 minutes woman, I expect that sandwich to be awesome when I get there.

Two guesses who sent that.

I quickly typed my reply:

Of course it will! Just expect extra knuckle you moron.