Chapter 33: "I'm not talking about a hooker dress and giving you a pole."

“So what now?” Noah asked after a few moments of awkward silence.

“Now...Shit! Dave! I’m meant to be working tonight!” I suddenly remembered jumping from my seat and running to the door in the same stride.

“Hey! Wait!” Noah squawked standing up too.

“What?” I snapped impatiently.

“I’ll give you a ride.” He said simply walking to where I stood. I nodded gratefully.

“Yeah, I’ll come too.” Jaden said ignoring our questioning looks and followed us out of the door.

The ride to the Diner was awkward to say the least. Noah kept glancing back at me in the backseat through the rear view mirror and Jaden just sat there silently in a stony mood.

On the other hand I was almost happy by everything. I finally felt like a little bit of the burden I carried was floating rather than weighing me down, it was still there; but only because I knew it was.

When we arrived at the diner they both followed me in wordlessly and I knew not to challenge their motives, after all, I had just told them my father wants me dead.

“Where the hell have you been?” Tim yelled the second the little bell above me rang. I jumped a little at the tone of his voice.

“I was…” I began but was cut off by his large gangly hand pulling me to his chest and squeezing the life out of me.

“Dave was close to calling the cops you moron!” He whispered in my ear.

I was reminded of the comments the guys make about Tim and his wandering eyes just then and embarrassed is not even the word.

“Elyon! Thank gods.” Dave appeared from the staff room and began to make his way to us. I was extremely glad the diner was empty right now.

I forced my way out of Tim’s grip and scratched my neck at the chastising glare Dave was giving me.

“Sorry Dave, something happened and I got distracted.” I couldn’t tell him the truth, if I did he would force me to stay with him and I will not put that burden on him.

I won’t.

Dave nodded and looked behind me at Jaden and Noah; I followed his gaze and bit back a laugh.

Both of them were glowering at Tim who was steadily avoiding their death glares.

Interesting...

“And you two would be that distraction I presume?” Dave asked the boys a disapproving tone lacing his words.

“Part of it.” Noah said sheepishly. I smiled and shook my head.

“Sorry Dave, it really was my fault. It won’t happen again.” I said truthfully looking the older man in the eyes.

He sighed and nodded.

“I highly doubt that, but it’s not like I could do anything to stop it either. Now go and get your apron on.” He said rolling his eyes.

I laughed and jogged to the changing room; stopping at the door I turned to face the boys.

“Since you are both determined on stalking me why don’t you order something yeah?” I called smirking.

Jaden shook his head but nodded nonetheless.

“Who could refuse such a gratifying request?”

“Just sit down smart ass.”

After that either Jaden or Noah would walk me to my door every day. I would spend most of my time either at school, Dave’s or their place.