Chapter 41: "God chose me to repopulate the world with my awesomeness."

For the rest of the day Jaden and I basically drove around in his car, stopping every now for food. We laughed, we talked and we sat in silence.

It was nice.

Then I had to go home.

He tried to convince me to stay with him again, but I knew I had to at least try and live on my own. Or I would never have a normal life again.

So, he walked me to my door, checked all of the rooms in my small home, waited till I locked my door and finally left. Half an hour later I had a text asking if I was still alive. His over protectiveness was getting a smidge too strong if you ask me.

Like, stalker too strong.

But, since I got a free ride to school; I’ll let it slide.

“Hey,” I mumbled sleepily sliding into the backseat beside Nicolas and Noah. Luke was up front with Jaden.

“Morning sunshine, don’t you look radiant.” Jaden said sarcastically smirking at me through the rear view mirror. I flipped him off and blew a strand of my hair from my face.

Last night I took a shower to try and calm my nerves and allow me to get some sleep. But, for some reason, I couldn’t. I tossed and turned the whole night, not even getting one wink of sleep.

“Blow me jackass.” I muttered grumpily.

“I take it you slept well.” Noah said from beside me a small smile on his lips.

“Can we tone it down on the sarcasm? It’s too early.” I complained rubbing my temples.

“Wow, maybe we should call you a doctor.” Jaden said, laughing slightly, and started the car.

I groaned and leaned my head against the window.

“I didn’t sleep last night, so please, please just leave me alone.” I grumbled closing my eyes: I’ll just rest my eyes.

“Elly, hey come on. Don’t make me carry your fat ass.”

Startled out of my light sleep, I jumped in my seat and looked blearily at Jaden as he stood over me; a frown on his perfect face. The others were gone, and we were parked in the school parking lot; the few people hanging around were looking in our direction like the nosy bastards they are.

“Woops, must’ve fallen asleep.” I said wiping my eyes and pulling myself together just enough to allow myself to wobble out of the car in a sleepy stupor.

“You should have stayed with us last night.” He said closing the door behind me and zapping the locks with his car keys.

I know, but my ego wouldn’t allow it.

“But I didn’t, so let’s get through this day so I can sleep in detention.” I snapped back, my mood dropping with my eyes.

Jaden sighed and slipped his big, warm, hand into mine pulling me into his side.

“Tonight you’re staying, even if I have to tie you to the bed.”

When I looked up to give him a glare he was smirking down at me his eyebrows raised. I breathed a laugh and shoved him playfully with my shoulder.

“We’re gonna be late.” I simply said picking up our slow pace.

“Kinky bitch.” He murmured, when I didn’t revoke his idea and I rolled my eyes.

“You don’t know the half of it.”

He laughed, earning the attention of the groups of first year girls by the door. I watched in baffled amusement as they all blushed and hid themselves behind their hair.