CH. 34 London Calling

Hi dear all ... so here comes chapter 34 of "Fire and Ice", the last chapter before the epilogue and the end of this story. Sorry for the delay, had little time lately!

What is on this chapter it's something I had decided already when I was planning the story at the beginning, it was something that I felt right for it and for the protagonist... Hope you'll like it, so please let me know and comment, vote etc... love you all for the support you always show to me, you're amazing!

I am almost sad this story is over, I will miss Travis and Alexi.

On the right, a fantastic banner made by azer90 xox

The title of the chapter refers also to the song I chose and to...you'll see it :-)

Dedicated to all of you, a big thanks to Purva194 for going back and voting again and again this story, thanks sweety! and then to Klovis for her lovely messages and dedicated in particular to KathleenaMiller :-)

Enjoy xox

TRAVIS POV

I barely listened to the teacher explaining something about, hell if I knew what he was talking about. Oh yeah, he mentioned something having to do with derivates and integrals. Whatever, my cousin had already told me everything about that and hell, I had quite a lot in my mind right now and I was sort of hyperventilating and couldn’t almost stay and sit still.

I crossed my legs over and over and mentally reviewed all the steps, leaps and moves of the ballet; the music was playing in my head softly and my feet tapped the leg of the desk, my head reviewing every single particular. A shiver of excitement and subtle fear travelled my spine and amplified through all my body, making me shudder and shake my head.

Today was Thursday and Saturday was the big day.

Hell, just thinking about it made me want to jump and start dancing around the class, but I suppose the teacher wouldn’t appreciate that very much.

Yeah, the big day.

The first night of the ballet, the first time ever playing such an important and central role and dancing at the MET. The night where I would turn into Puck and trick all the other dancers and make them have a weird dream, for then waking up all in love and happy.

I swallowed hard and clenched my fists, feeling my skin going cold for the sudden tension and nervous. Fuck. I shouldn’t be nervous; I knew that, because Natalia and the other teacher trained me to perfection, but would I be really perfect and dazzling as Alexi said? Would I keep up the expectations that people had in me and maybe exceed them?

Hell, I damn hoped so.

A hand reached my knee and gave me a tender and reassuring squeeze. It was from Alexi, my love. I turned my head on the side and my eyes met his sweet and damn breath-taking smile. He winked and then his hand softly travelled up and took mine. All the tension and fear evaporated when his fingers locked my fingers in a firm and protective grip.

“Baby, relax and don’t stress out, don’t let your mind have stupid doubts and questions. You’ll be perfect, dazzling...well, even more. You’ll be Travis Henderson over there and people will literally fall under your spell.” He murmured quietly, his icy-blue eyes shining with love and pride.

This was the other class he changed in order to be with me; even if it was only two classes we had together, it was still fantastic to sit beside him.

I bit my lip to repress the instinct of jumping him right there and kiss him senseless. Alexi knew how to calm me down anytime I was nervous or having doubts; any time I felt tired or uncertain, he would be there and reassure me, telling me to not worry about it, because he knew without any fucking doubt that I’d be simply amazing. What would I do without my Alexi? It’s true I had my mum supporting and cheering me in everything, she was incredible and gave me so much energy and love that I’d lost without her. But Alexi was different. Mum and Natalia were there and helped me, kicked my ass and made sure my steps would be perfect. But again, Alexi was something completely different. It was normal to feel nervous and insecure, even for someone like me; everyone was nervous at his or her prima. And this wasn’t even a proper prima for me, because I wasn’t the first dancer and but it was in some other sense. Alexi sensed every time my doubts or tension threatened to have a strong grip and would make it dissolve instantly. He would reassure me and make me feel once more the king of the world. No, the hell, the king of the universe. Alexi was beyond words and I wouldn’t be simply lost without him, I’d be completely damned.