CH.4: Ice in your veins

Dear All,

You will see how this chapter will offer us much more insight on Aleksandr and his issues, about his way of thinking and his relationship with his close friends.

Not just that, more parts have been added and my usual readers will easily detect them I believe, making the right connection and realizing probably how much they were due and necessary.

Once more, I really hope you are enjoying this edited and updated version!

Let me know, please 😊

Also, quick message, follow me, if you wish, on both Facebook and Instagram, where I often post something and keep my followers updated on the upcoming posts, projects or so. You will find me exactly as here: TheWitchAndTheCat.

Now, enjoy the chapter!

"Nothing burns like the cold. But only for a while. Then it gets inside you and starts to fill you up, and after a while you don't have the strength to fight it," by George R.R. Martin in 'A Game of Thrones'.

ALEKSANDR POV:

When I searched for him, Travis was gone, and I could no longer see him. Crap, did I really want to follow him and let my instinct get the best of me? I groaned out as I realized the reply was yes.

Suddenly, curiosity had the best of me, and I wanted to see if my thoughts were right, if really, he wanted to keep alone. I followed my instinct, even though, I didn't understand the reason behind that. Was it because of how Collins glared at him or because of the way he stirred my blood in these days? Arghh...this was endless, and it felt like a dog chasing and then biting his own tail. Plain stupid and pointless. The more I considered it the more irritation took over me even stronger than curiosity.

Why did I want to check where he went? Why did I want to see him and prove if my points were correct? Why was I curious about him?

I growled at myself. One thing that really dangerously annoyed was other people getting me involved in their lives, wanting something from me and saying just a bunch of phony words to get you at their sides. That's was revolting and...no. That was plainly and freaking enraging. Madly enraging. I have never stood fake display of feelings, affection or love, because they made me puke, causing my bile to rise to no end, my blood boiling and hissing in my ears so much I felt the physical need to punch something. And that was quite a change and transformation for me, as most of the times it really seemed I had icy liquid going through my veins instead of warm blood.

I slyly smiled thinking about that and at how this peculiar trait of mine kept people far from me and, almost nobody, aside suicidal jerks, dared to upset me or bother me. Sometimes I really felt like some icy liquid coursed in my veins instead of blood and I never minded nor thought of changing it. It saved me a lot of useless annoyance.

With that said, I wasn't any kind of idiot and mental jock who had the need to look down at people to inflate my ego. I couldn't stand their likes and, differently from what that piece of crap of Collins dared to say, I didn't walk around as if I owned the place, shoving people away – exception made for Collins who deserved that and much more, considered the way he behaved around and how he had looked at Travis – punching or terrorizing defenseless kids and barking at gay or whatever-else-they-were other students. Fuck. That wasn't me for sure and I'd rather shoot myself than turn out so rotten and low. I really couldn't stand the likes of Collins, they irked my skin, my blood and hitched my anger.