CH.13: Tricks and loops

Dear All,

Another edited and extended chapter of "Fire and Ice" is here for you to enjoy and read, and this one is focused on the bond of friendship between the characters as true and good friends are a treasure. However, I won't add anything else, just that you will have an interesting and quite rich part to read.

So, the quote is fitting perfectly in my opinion, also because we will have the POV of...you will see, I won't say more to it.

Old and usual readers will notice I slightly altered the organization of CH.12 and CH.13 and some parts from CH.12 have been moved here, to make more sense and I think you'll understand by reading the update, which yeah, is much longer than the first version ^^ and offer new parts ^^

I am leaving the song from Jamiroquai as it perfectly fits part of it and yeah, also a picture of a skateboarder, as you will see in the chapter.

I would like to thank my many readers and in particular some that are always following all of my stories and gifting me with wonderful and very insightful comments, that really help me in many ways. I cannot list all your names because it would take a lot of space, but you all know who you are and how grateful I am 😊 so is my Cat.

And now, enjoy the edited, enhanced chapters!

"A day without a friend is like a pot without a single drop of honey left inside," by A.A Milne in Winnie the Pooh.

JASPER POV:

I spent the whole morning thinking about Travis and trying to understand what happened to him yesterday. Oh boy, I knew something went wrong, I felt it and got super nervous when he didn't call me, sending me just a couple of messages and somehow lacking his usual crazy spirit in them. Why didn't I call him first? Why didn't I go to his place to make sure he was OK? I should have gone, but I didn't want to disturb him, and I had a feeling he maybe didn't want to talk, so I avoided. But I was so nervous and worried that I hadn't realized at first whom was around us, if he was there alone or not, if I was scared or not. I only saw Travis and jumped on him as first and instinctive thing. Seeing his smiling face calmed me down at once.

Later on, as I cooled down a bit, I took in the presence of Aleksandr Lebedev and the other guy whose name I-I think was Hayden, and I let go of Travis, feeling Aleksandr's eyes hard on me and staring as if I was some small annoying thing and I gulped down. I-I didn't know how Travis could calmly be around him and if I wasn't mistaken, they had arrived together. How was that possible? I had to ask him about that. Good thing the other guy, Derek, was really nice and friendly, but uhm, pushy in a way and we soon found ourselves invited to have lunch with them. Oh boy...how was I going to do that? How could I stand to eat in his presence? Oh, I had to relax a bit and try to understand how they could all be fine with someone like him, how a nice guy like Derek or Hayden could stand his bad presence.

Bu-but the shock wasn't over, and River joined the group, a guy older than me and very good looking, with peculiar blue eyes that made me blush every single time we crossed glances. He was very calm and composed, observing all of us and me, so that I dropped my stare not feeling at ease. But then, I felt my mouth opening a bit and my eyes widen as I witnessed the way Travis and Aleksandr were talking, completely different than yesterday, looking close as they never did, knowing his well-known dangerous reputation, and I just stared getting more confused by the seconds, seeing how they appeared at ease with each other and more questions began to tumble in my mind.

Boy, the more I thought about what occurred in the morning and the day before the more I tapped my fingers on my leg nervously, biting my lips. I was slightly shaking with nervous and worry and I had to calm down, because the professor was casting curious looks at me. My eyes went to the desk and I took a deep silent breath; OK, let's try to pretend taking notes. I had an idea they always considered you smart and cool if you took notes with interest, so I did my best. I peered at the professor and he had already ignored me, back to explain whatever he was explaining. Uhm, lucky me this one was usually quite lazy to call out students and make questions, having good mood most of the days.