CH.6: Shadows and shivers

Dear All,

From this chapter you will start to read longer chapters, even more detailed and with more interaction as all the characters have been introduced in a way or another.

I have added more of Aleksandr's POV as it is very important. On this note, I know some readers don't enjoy to go through different POVs from the main protagonists (yes of course, Sasha is one of the main protagonists, but I mean something else), but this is how I write and considered I like to have other interact more and provide us with more insight and different angles, I do add other POVs. It may not suit everyone, but what can I say? I realized there is no writing style, author or book suiting every single person 😊

Our Travis and Aleksandr are facing quite the mess in their minds and not only there, but let's see how it will play out and how outside factors will help or not in this.

The chosen quote is to somehow applaud Jasper's effort and leap in going to look for Travis, as it's true: getting out of our comfort zone can be dangerous or not, you simply don't always know where the new road takes you.

I really hope you will enjoy this chapter and I will be looking forward to reading your comments and messages and see your votes ^^ Thank you very much for the wonderful support and love you always give to my stories, you dear all are absolutely fantastic, as Travis would say.

So far, how do you like our two main protagonists? What about our Jasper or Sasha's friends?

Just to make it clear once more: Aleksandr's name can be shortened as Sasha (it's a Russian name!) but also as Alex in here. So please, don't get confused as I already saw in some comments; Aleksandr, Sasha and Alex are the same and only person 😊

And now, happy and magic reading to you!

"It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to," by JRR Tolkien in 'The Lord of the Rings'

TRAVIS POV:

It turned out being around Jasper was easy and pleasant, for he had such a good and generous heart you wouldn't believe it. Once you would manage to make him pass his awful shyness and introversion, you would discover a very sweet and funny guy, easygoing and with a nice taste for music, since he liked many of the groups I did listen to. Fantastic, someone who would finally understand me and be ready to hear me singing those songs. I could work on his dressing style, though, even if it obviously wasn't my business and I wouldn't step over a certain line.

Of course, I was not a busybody and pushing moron who had to mind people's business and impose his own view, but he surely wore clothes too loose, and I was sure he had a nice body, so why hiding it? His face was terribly cute and handsome in his own way, not to mention his smile. I bet he had many guys interested in him, but I could also bet he wouldn't notice it. Ok, I was going to be a tiny teeny bit pushy, but that was what Jasper needed. He needed to break out free for a few moments in his days and not just when he was skateboarding with his friends in the streets of New York. He was sort of controlled and suppressed by his family, especially by his mother, which I think explained his stuttering when nervous and his sort of tick in repeating certain words.

Jasper explained they had great and sort of pressing expectations on him, and they were constantly reminding him that. Which caused him even more stress and to fail on several occasions, for the pressure was really too much to take. You couldn't force someone else nature and completely turn it inside out. I was glad he felt free to confide in me when it came to this, because I understood it very well; my father used to be a gigantic control-freak who tried to tame my mother's very independent side and who would use his hands when I defied him, even if I were a kid only. My mother would pretty much bite his head off and after the second time, she filed him for divorce and left him rot there. But Jasper had different problems, for his father never dared to hit him. No, he simply ignored him, and his mother treated him in the coldest possible way, at least this much I gathered by talking with him.