Chapter 38

Kenta hurried to Tony's office after Tony asked him to come. As Kenta entered the room, he found Tony sitting on his swivel chair, his eyes fixed on the computer screen. Tony glanced at Kenta and stood up, walking towards him.

"I need you to do something" Tony said, his voice firm and unwavering.

Kenta's heart raced, unsure of what to expect.

"What is it, sir?" he asked, trying to keep his voice steady.

Tony stared at Kenta and said, "I want you to get rid of Pete"

Kenta was stunned. It was as if he had been turned into a statue, unable to move or speak. He couldn't believe what he had just heard.

"What? Can't you do it?" Tony asked, sounding really impatient.

Kenta shook his head, trying to regain his composure.

"N-no, sir. I was just shocked. Pete was also your son, and more than anything else he's a special enigma" Kenta said, trying to reason with Tony.

Pete was also Tony's son, and he was a special enigma that has a great value to Tony so unexpectedly he wants to get rid of Pete.

"You know that I don't like Enigma, Beta or Omega. They're too weak, unlike Alpha," Tony said, his eyes narrowing.

"Plus, we gotta kick Pete out of this game. He's too nosy and annoying. He got me to put in more money, but now he's backing out. He's trying to control everything. Pete is too dangerous to be left unchecked." Tony said, sounding more and more annoyed.

Tony put a lot of money into raising Pete, who was really smart, but then Pete disappeared suddenly, and nobody knew where he went and nobody knew where he went. Tony was really mad because Pete ran away without giving him any benefit.

"Pete was smart, but it's too bad I didn't get anything back from what I put into it" he said, sounding a bit regret.

"Why choose me, sir?" Kenta asked.

Tony chuckled softly. "You have the audacity to question me now. You've changed so much than I thought."

"N-no, sir. I didn't mean it that way," Kenta stammered.

"Don't worry," Tony said.

"I'm not mad. But isn't the answer obvious?"

"You and Pete were inseparable growing up" Tony continued.

"Until he left the mansion, you were always by his side. I never expected him to abandon you like that."

Kenta remained silent, his mind racing. Tony's words had struck a nerve, reminding him of the betrayal he had felt when Pete disappeared.

"Don't you want to pay him back for what he did to you? Aren't you angry with him?" Tony provoked Kenta.

Kenta glanced at Tony and noticed a smirk on his face. However, the thought of killing him was too much for Kenta to bear.

"So are you going to do it?" Tony asked, his voice a low rumble.

Kenta's eyes flickered with hesitation before he bowed his head.

"Of course, sir. I have no right to refuse."

Tony's expression softened slightly, "That's my son. I thought you are not my Kenta that I raised."

A wave of emotion washed over Kenta as Tony embraced him tightly.

"Please, don't let me upset again, alright? I don't want to hurt you, but you keep failing my orders. You're aware of that, right son?"