Chapter 29

As Kenta slowly woke up, the phone kept ringing and buzzing, making him jump out of bed that disturbing the silence of his room.

Rubbing his eyes, he looked at his clock and saw it was 2:48 AM, way too early to be bothered like this. He groaned and sat up, annoyed by the disturbance.

"Who would dare to call at this late hour?" Kenta grumbled, rubbing his eyes.

He sat down, feeling sleepy, and checked the notifications. There were lots of them, 50 unread messages and 33 missed calls, all from one person. He sighed and opened the messages.

"Seems like someone's taken a keen interest in our youngest," Kenta said, chuckling at Jeff's buzzing phone.

It was the phone that Kenta took from Jeff. Kenta didn't bother giving it to Tony because he thought it wasn't worth it.

When Kenta checked the phone, there was nothing interesting on it, just two contact numbers, Charlie and Uncle Alan.

Even the pictures and videos in the gallery were boring. There were no notes or files either, making the phone seem even less important.

"Nothing exciting," he said, feeling disappointed.

But when Uncle Alan kept calling a lot, Kenta decided to do something about it. He hung up on Uncle's call and turned off the phone.

"I never thought he'd have time for romance, our youngest is growing up," Kenta thought, shaking his head as he crawled back into bed, feeling the weight of exhaustion dragging him back to sleep.

Later, in Tony's study room, Kenta shared the troubling update.

"Jeff escaped," he informed.

Tony was busy typing away on his laptop, his fingers moving quickly as if they were dancing to music only he could hear.

"I'm really sorry, if you want I will get Jeff..." Kenta asked, but Tony cut him off before he could finish.

"Strange," Tony said quietly, staring at the screen.

"What?" Kenta grew even more confused, causing Tony to finally look away from the screen and make eye contact with Kenta.

"You don't have to get Jeff, it's fine. Way will keep us informed. As long as we're aware that Jeff and Charlie are with Babe," Tony reassured.

"Yes, sir," Kenta nodded in agreement.

Kenta quickly covered the marked that Kim had made on his left ear while Tony glanced at them.

Just then, the door swung open, revealing Way. Tony rose from his seat, his expression brightening at the sight of his son.

"What are you doing here, son?" Tony greeted warmly.

When Tony talked to Way, Kenta noticed Tony's mood changed from friendly to really angry when he found out Way hadn't succeeded in his task.

"I'm sorry, I failed my mission," Way confessed, his voice heavy with regret.

Tony's expression darkened, and with a swift motion, he slapped Way across the face.

Way rubbed his face where Tony slapped him, leaving red marks on his skin.

Tony's voice sounded very strong and he said, "How dare you say that you failed to do what I ordered?"

"I'm sorry, daddy," Way mumbled, his voice trembling with fear.

"How much time did I give you?" Tony's eyes narrowed.

"I've always tried to believe that you will succeed"

Tony pointed his index fingers straight at Way, speaking loudly with authority.

"Now I'm wondering whose side you're on!" Tony exploded in anger, clearly showing how frustrated he was.

"Don't forget that your company, your condo, every car, and even the clothes you wear belong to me," Tony said firmly, sounding very cold and not willing to forgive.

Tony quickly grabbed Way's shoulder and pushed him onto the glass table. Way winced as his face touched the cold surface, feeling pain from Tony's strong grip.

"Don't think that you're special Enigma can compete with me," Tony said, sounding really arrogant.

"Want to go back to being a homeless person?" Tony smirked, speaking with spiteful words.

Way's eyes filled with tears as he struggled to say, "I'm wrong, daddy."

Way struggled to hold back his sobs as he listened to Tony's hurtful words. It wasn't just the physical abuse that pained him, but the cruel words Tony said.

Tony's words sliced through the air sharply as he gave his harsh opinion.

"People like you are useless, have you ever accomplished anything?" Tony said, sounding really mean and rude.

"In car racing, you lose to Babe."

Tony's eyes narrowed, his tone becoming even more biting.

"You wanted Babe but lost to Charlie," he sneered.

"I asked you to bring Babe back, but you couldn't do it," He spat out with contempt.

Way tried to speak up, but Tony wouldn't stop.

"For your Enigma, If I didn't determine the value..." He paused.

"You are no different from garbage." His words hung heavily in the air, leaving no room for argument.

Kenta watched with a heavy heart as his brother, Way, endured Tony's torment. He felt helpless, unable to intervene as Way suffered silently before him.

"Please give me one more chance, Daddy," Way pleaded, his voice trembling with desperation.

"The opportunity? It's gone!" Tony retorted coldly, his expression unmoved.

"I really have a way of dealing with it," Way sounded confident, with a hint of self-assurance in his voice.

Tony let go of Way's hand and looked directly at him, not looking away.

After wiping his tears, Way looked at Tony and said, "Charlie."

"Now Babe's sense is with Charlie," Way said, leaving Kenta and Tony confused.

Kenta didn't understand what Way was saying about Babe's sense moving to Charlie. He felt confused and troubled, especially as he saw his brother's pain.

"What does it mean?" Tony asked, his forehead wrinkling in puzzlement.

"Charlie..." Way paused, choosing his words carefully.

"When I was fighting Charlie, I think Babe's sense goes to Charlie," Way revealed, his voice tinged with realization.

Tony's expression shifted and glanced his laptop all his questions answered a while ago. The CCTV video he's been watching has clarified everything now.

"Kenta," He called out.

"Yes, sir?" Kenta replied.

"Whatever you do, go get Charlie back as quickly as possible," Tony instructed firmly.

"Yes," Kenta affirmed, his mind racing with the new information.

After he left the room, Kenta couldn't stop thinking about what he found out. Charlie, who he didn't pay much attention to before, had an special ability. He realized he'd been fooled, just like Tony.

He used to think Charlie was similar to him as Grade E  but now it seemed Charlie was likely much more skilled like a Grade A.

Kenta felt more unsure about himself, being the only son of Tony without a special ability.

While walking, Kenta rubbed his forehead because he had a slight headache. He hadn't been feeling good for days, but he kept working because he was afraid of upsetting Tony.

Kenta felt weak since Kim marked him which is a symptoms of being marked of the same alpha like him unlike when alpha marked an omega. Kenta kept walking despite feeling this way.