Chapter 24

Kim sat patiently at the Japanese restaurant, a slight nervous excitement. It had been several days since he and Kenta had decided to take their relationship to the next level.

As he waited, his phone rang, interrupting his thoughts. With a quick glance at the caller ID, he answered.

"Is this Mr. Minsu Kim?"

"Yes? I am," Kim replied, slightly puzzled by the formal tone.

"Hello, Mr. Kim, I wanted to let you know that your contract with Red Racing has been terminated. We need you to come to the office tomorrow to finalize some formality papers"

Kim felt really bad when he heard the news. He couldn't stop thinking about what it meant and what might happen next.

"Oh, yeah, right. Please text me the details," he managed to say, trying to keep his composure.

"Okay, sir."

"Thank you," Kim replied, his mind already pre-occupied with the sudden turn of events as the call ended.

"You look so sad," a voice behind him remarked, causing Kim to turn and see Kenta standing there.

"Ken," Kim said, forcing a smile despite the heaviness in his heart.

"Sorry, I'm late," Kenta apologized, sensing something amiss.

"No, it's okay," Kim reassured him, but his concern grew as he noticed a cut on Kenta's lips.

"Did he hurt you again?" Kim asked, irritation creeping into his voice.

Confused, Kenta looked at Kim.

"What do you mean?" he asked, puzzled.

Pointing to Kenta's lips, Kim clarified, "This."

Touching his lips, Kenta suddenly burst into laughter.

"Why are you laughing?" Kim questioned, puzzled.

"It's just... you're the one who did this to me, remember?" Kenta reminded Kim, amusement evident in his voice.

"You bit me, right?"

Realization washed over Kim, embarrassment coloring his cheeks.

"Oh, yeah, right," he mumbled sheepishly.

Smiling, Kenta reached for Kim's hand.

"Thank you for your concern," he said sincerely, melting away any lingering tension between them.

Kim agreed with a nod while Kenta looked through the menu, his mind filled with thoughts he couldn't quite put into words.

"By the way..." Kim began, hesitating slightly before continuing.

Kenta glanced up, curiosity evident in his gaze as Kim placed a paper bag on the table.

"What's this?" Kenta asked, taking the bag and opening it to reveal a small circular container with Korean writing on it.

"It's a cosmetic cream," Kim explained.

Kenta's eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Cosmetic cream? For what?"

"It's a Korean product, promoted by famous artists," Kim elaborated.

"It's highly effective in fading scars, so I thought I'd give it to you."

Kim had noticed the scar again during their intimate moments, and it pained him to see Kenta's body marked by past wounds.

For a moment, Kenta didn't say anything, and Kim feared he had overstepped.