27

A month passed till the dinner took place. Days were same, both ignoring each other, jungkook throwing hateful words towards the elder most of the times, taehyung accepting everything thrown towards them cause he feels like he deserves this hate. His mind was fixed on that.

Today was an important day for both the business men. The most important meeting for their projects with their collaborators is going to take place within hours.

Both were preparing their files for the meeting, jungkook immersed on his laptop and taehyung focusses on the file I'm front of him. Yup, the elder was still working from the couch of the younger. He doesn't know why the younger didn't arrange the office for him. But he thinks it's better he shut the  mouth of his and focus only on the work so that the project could be finished in the given time so he can  free the younger from this unwanted marriage.

Soon yoongi knocked the office door to inform that they are needed in the meeting hall in ten minutes. Both of them, took their own files without glancing each other made their way towards the elevator. Taehyung's walking ahead of the younger, and the younger was distracted by the view in front of him *ahem*

The ride in the life was filled with silence, as both didn't give any recognition to other, summarizing the points inside their heads.

The meeting started, all the businesses men inside the room were the best ones of their field, Mr. Yang , was the most important person of this meeting. If this meeting could become a success, and if would approve of their idea, the project would become a massive success within a month or less. And thats what Taehyung wants. To finish this project within this month.

Both the husbands entered the hall greeted their partners, share holders and Mr yang, who reached out his hand towards jungkook who gladely shook it before taking the seats.

The meeting was started and their collaborators started presenting the ideas. Both taehyung and jungkook was immersed in the meeting, the laters eyes flew towards the younger few times, but was on the slides after taehyung caught the younger's gaze in him.

Most of their collaborators presented their slides, now it was time for them to present them. Jungkook stood up magnificently walking towards the led, looked straight into the elder's eyes starting off his presentation. It was in the middle of the younger's presentation, taehyung's phone kept on beeping again and again.

Taehyung took a look on his phone,

'Mom❣️'

His brows met in confusion,  he rejected her call more than three times as the meeting was really important, and this time the call was from jin.
Taehyung's heart started to beat fast, 'what if'
He left a message to jin asking about the matter. Heartbeats increasing, jungkook's words were left unheard when his eyes fell on the message he received from his hyung.

'Dad was admitted to the hospital, they are saying the situation is critical tae. Where are you? '

That was when taehyung stood up and ran fast not giving an ear to the others in the meeting room. He fell when climbing down the staircase, not having the patience to wait for the lift. He ran across the parking lot bumping on two to three people on his way, not minding to apologize to them. His hands were literally shaking when trying to open the car.

He sat on the driver's seat before speeding up the car, while he called Jin to ask the hospital's name. Eyes stinging with tears but he was adamant to not let the tears fall. Nothing will happen to his dad.

After 20 minutes, he left the car in front of the hospital, not caring to park . Speeded towards the receptionist to get the room number.

'126' she said.

He didn't wait for the lift once again, took the stairs, it was on the 6 th floor, when he got the glance of his mom and hyung I'm fromt of the emergency ward, he stopped on his trance. He could hear his own hearbeat. He took unsteady steps towards his mom, who was sitting on a steel chair crying her heart out hugging.

"M-mom"

"Tae, baby look at your dad, h-he... Bab-" She could not finish the sentence as a sob emerged from her mouth as she latched herself to taehyung. He can't control his tears anymore he cried his heart out hugging his mom tight.

"Don't cry mom, nothing will happen to dad" He knew it is a lie. But he don't want it to be. He want his dad to himself.

He looked at his elder brother. Eyes filled with tears just like his. But he could find a hint of betrayal.

"Hy-hyung" Another whimper emerged his lips. He left his mom and moved towards the elder, caught him in a bone crashing hug.

"Hyung dad" He cried fisting his brother's shirt. He could feel seokjin's tears on his shoulder.

After a minute or so, the doctor emerged from the room, face filled with concern.

"Doctor, h-how is dad? " It was jin who asked.

"I'm sorry Mr. Kim, we tried our best. It seems like he was on his last stage, the tumor has already ruptured most part of his brain. Sorry he is no more" With that the doctor removed his gloves and moving out of the way. Breaking a whole family with his mere words.

All the three of them ran to the room to look at the lifeless body of him, the ECG maching showing a straight line.

Seulgi marched forward fell onto the chest of her husband crying her heart out.

"Dad" It was taehyung who took the hold of his father's feet, before slumping onto the floor.
"Why dad? WHY??? I'm sorry"

As Mr. Kim was a biggest name of the country, the hospital authority had some more procedures to hand over his body to his family. They said the can come and get the body the next day, after autopsy.

Jin called Mr jeon to inform, but his phone was not reachable at the moment.

On the other side,

"Sorry Mr. Jeon. This is not what we expected from you, Mr. Taehyung's behavior was irresponsible. I have some ethics, I can't approve this deal. " Mr. Kang shook jungkook's hand, who was very much embarrassed by taehyung's behavior to talk a word.

Mr. Yang left the meeting room, all the other collaborators eyes we're on jungkook who felt very humiliated by the elder's action. He called the other more than 20 times, in which all the calls went unattended.

He gritted his teeth, mumbled a small apology to the others and left the room. Took his car to the house.

The elder's embarassed him in front of everyone. It was his plan all along and today he will show him the consequence.

______________________________________________

I don't break promises. As I said, here is the new chapter.

Do you think the plot is near climax?

Cause I don't think so, we will still need more than 20 chapters to finish this story.

Your thoughts??