five - the sabotage

CHAPTER FIVE,
the sabotage
————

CHAPTER FIVE,the sabotage————

————

ELLIE WOKE EARLY a few mornings later, wanting to do something to help the others throughout the prison.

After spotting her father and some of the others out by the front gate, the Dixon girl was quick to jog after them.

"Good. Our vehicles camped out there look like a giant 'vacancy' sign." Ellie heard her father grumble out as she got closer.

"Daryl." Carol called to the man, pointing to the girl who stopped a few feet before him with a large smile.

"Why're you here?" The Dixon man crossed his arms.

"I wanna help." The brunette shrugged. Daryl turned to Rick for help in discouraging the girl, only for the Grimes man to chuckle at him.

"She's your kid, man. I can't tell her what to do." Rick shrugged halfheartedly. "We gotta load up the corpses so we can burn 'em."

"It's gonna be a long day." T-Dog sighed, glancing down at the brunette that followed them all too happily. "You sure you wanna help?"

"Yup!" Ellie stood her ground proudly.

Carol smiled at the girl before looking around the open area. "Where's Glenn and Maggie? We could use some more help."

"Up in the guard tower." Daryl pointed lazily.

Rick furrowed his eyebrows and looked up. "Guard tower? They were just up there last night."

Daryl raised his hand to his mouth. "Glenn! Maggie!"

Only a second later, the door clicked open and Glenn poked his head out. He was quickly fastening his pant buttons and wore no shirt. Maggie was seen behind him frantically putting stuff together. The group below laughed, including Ellie.

"Hey! What's up, guys?" The Rhee man asked nervously.

"You comin'?" Daryl yelled up suggestively.

Glenn hesitated. "What?"

The adults laughed harder, knowing Daryl's words had the effect they were meant to.

"You comin'?" The Dixon man called up again. Glenn and Maggie shared a glance and some whispered words. "Come on. We could use a hand."