thirty - red handled machete

CHAPTER THIRTY,
red handled machete
————

CHAPTER THIRTY,red handled machete————

————

AS THE GROUP loaded their weapons and sharpened their knives, Rick began to speak.

"They think they're in control. We're in here and they could be anywhere." He began grimly. "But we know exactly where they are."

"Plans got stones, I'll give you that." Abraham admitted from his seat next to the Espinosa sisters.

"Make our move before they do." Glenn nodded along.

Rick nodded as well, glancing at the young man. "That's right. They're not counting on us thinking straight."

"Are we?" Rosita piped in. "I'm just making sure. It's a big play."

Rick stepped closer to her. "Remember what these people are capable of." There was a long moment of silence. "Tyreese?"

"Yeah?" The man in question was staring at the ground, not even touching a weapon.

"You up for this?" The leader asked genuinely. Before he could answer, Sasha walked up.

"I'm going with you." She said firmly.

"You should stay with Bob." Her brother protested.

"No, I want to be out there." The Williams woman sounded angry, and she had every right to be. "I wanna be apart if this." And with that she turned away.

Ellie sighed, running a hand through her hair, her eyes squeezing shut as her mind ran around in circles.

She hadn't noticed the footsteps walking towards her, and didn't even realize a hand was on her shoulder until Carl's voice rang out next to her.

"Hey." He pretended not to notice her flinch. "How are you?"

"Okay." She smiled, but it never really reached her eyes. Carl knew she knew he didn't believe her, but he left without pushing.

She knew what she was going through, the fear of losing her father when she had a little sibling to look out for. He knew that feeling all too well.

When those who would fight left, Gabriel locked the back room with Ellie, Carl, Mimi, Rosita, Tara, Bob, Tyreese, Eugene, Judith, and AJ inside.

Carl was standing anxiously, tapping the grip of his gun, just waiting for something to happen.

Ellie was leaned against the wall next to where Mimi and Rosita sat. It was the perfect place to keep an eye on AJ, who sat tucked in the corner with Judith held tightly in his arms.