thirteen - wolf in sheep's clothes

CHAPTER THIRTEEN,
wolf in sheep's clothes
————

CHAPTER THIRTEEN,wolf in sheep's clothes————

————

AJ WAS ON watch with Carl, calmly looking through binoculars at their perimeter.

"Psst!" The Whiting boy alerted both Carl and a nearby Maggie. "There's something weird out there." Maggie nodded, holding her rifle up and looking through the scope.

In slight shock, the Greene woman lowered the gun. She took a shuddered breath and glanced back at the expecting boys.

"Andrea." She whispered hoarsely. "Get your dads and the others."

Carl and AJ were quick to obey, placing their guns down before running into the prison.

"Dad!" Carl yelled out as they got within earshot of the cell block. "Dad, come quick!"

Rick fumbled for his gun quickly. "What? What is it?"

"It's Andrea! She's walking up now!" AJ panted, sliding to a stop.

Daryl scoffed, grabbing his crossbow and jumping to his feet. "She's just walkin' up?"

"Yeah, she's got a walker on a leash." Carl added on with a grimace.

The men — and Michonne, Beth, and Ellie — ran out of the building with their weapons at the ready.

Carl and AJ got back to their positions next to Maggie while Glenn and Carol took cover in the overhead walkway.

Merle moved around Rick and Daryl, stopping behind the SUV and surveying the courtyard. "Clear!" He assured.

Rick ran forward, gun at the ready but pointed at the ground. "Are you alone?"

"Open the gate." Andrea scoffed.

"Are you alone?" The leader asked again, glancing the horizon for anyone else.

"Rick!" The blonde woman warned as she got closer. Rick turned to Daryl, nodding his head before tossing the keys. The Dixon man caught them with ease and unlocked the chains.

As soon as the woman was inside, Rick slung the weapon behind his back. "Hands up! Turn around." He ordered.

"What?" Andrea scoffed loudly, obeying either way.

"Turn around, now!" Ellie shouted, pushing the woman onto the fence and patting her down.

When she was sure she'd gotten all the weapons from her person, the brunette backed away and nodded to the leader.