forty-eight - overrun

CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT,
overrun
————

CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT,overrun————

————

AJ RAN DOWN the stairs of the porch, finding the group quickly.
"Ellie, what was that?" He panted nervously.

"The steeple fell. The walkers are getting in. Come on." The Dixon girl grabbed his hand and pulled him away. She glanced over she shoulder to see Maggie and Mimi scrambling up a ladder.

The Espinosa girl managed to get up before the ropes snapped the stool fell away. The Rhee woman was suspended in the air, but she managed to get her foot and with Mimi's help, was out of harms way.

Carl grabbed Ellie's hand and pulled her back into motion with Ron, Michonne, and Gabriel behind him. They ran across the street to the leader who held onto an injured Deanna.

"Rick." The Hawthorne woman called as they fell into line behind him.

"Good, your safe. Come on." The Grimes man urged them, they all pushed themselves to go faster as the herd of walkers chased after them. Michonne sliced at any getting too close on the right, Deanna alerting the others to ones on the left.

"There!" She pointed, Ellie pulling the trigger without a second thought as one toppled to the ground. "Good shot. There!"

Unfortunately, a large group appeared in front of them, trapping the group in the middle of walkers. Deanna whimpered nervously.

Gunshots rang out, clearing a path for them. Jessie waved them forward.

"Come on! I have Judith!" She informed, rushing back up her stairs with the others in tow behind her. Michonne, being the last one in, slammed the door closed and locked it up tightly.

"AJ, go get Judith." Ellie panted. "Go, you're in charge of her, you got it?" The boy nodded racing up the stairs and towards the soft crying.

"Upstairs!" Jessie called after him. "First room on the left."

"Put her on the couch." Rick spoke as he shifted Deanna onto the space. The window shattered, the Grimes man hoisting the older woman off the sofa quickly.

"Come on." Jessie urged them all.

"Where?" Ellie called from her spot towards the back on the group.

"This one, on the right." The blonde barged into a room with her youngest son inside. "Sam, I need you to turn off the music and shut the blinds." She rushed around quickly.