thirty-five - cans

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOVE,
cans
————

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOVE,cans————

————

WALKING DOWN A deserted street, Glenn took the lead.

"Eye open, everybody. Weapons up." He reminded them. "If you see someone coming at us, you fire."

"Copy that." Abraham readjusted his grip on his weapon. Michonne looked back at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"So if we see someone, we just shoot'em?" She reiterated.

"It's a good question." Maggie added on nonchalantly.

"What if they're someone like us?" Michonne continued once Glenn didn't answer. "What if Aaron's telling the truth? What if they're someone who has nothing to do with this?"

"We're six people walking with guns." Glenn finally explained. "No one's coming up to say hello."

"But that's exactly what happened." The Hawthorne woman reminded. Ellie had to agree with her, but she kept quiet and just listened.

Glenn sighed. "If it's someone like us, we should be afraid of them. He said he was watching us, right? It means he saw us yesterday. And after everything we've done, why would he want us to join his group?"

"People like us saved a priest." Michonne chuckled dryly. "Saved a girl who rolled up to the prison with the Governor. Saved a crazy lady with a sword. He saw that."

"I don't know what he saw." Glenn admitted.

"Well, we must have done something good." Ellie shrugged. "I think he's telling the truth."

————

WALKING AROUND THE fallen trees, Ellie scoffed a laugh. In front of them was a four seater and a large RV.

"He was telling the truth." Michonne tried to hide her smile. As they walked closer, a twig snapped in the woods and the group took cover wherever they could.

"Not one step closer, asshole." Glenn seethed. However, it was just a walker that stumbled into view.

Abraham slid the gun across his back and pulled out his knife. "I got'em."

Rosita placed her gun on the hood of the four seater. "We got'em." She corrected, grabbing a pile off the ground.

The Espinosa woman smacked one monsters legs as the Ford man went to grab the others arm. However, the arm pulled free of the body, Abraham falling forward.