fifteen - meetings

CHAPTER FIFTEEN,
meetings
————

CHAPTER FIFTEEN,meetings————

————

WHEN DARYL WAS convincing Rick to bring Ellie along, his best argument was, "She scares'em."

Finally, Rick agreed, knowing the Dixon man was right about his daughter.

Pulling up to the old warehouse, Rick and Daryl went to scope out the area while Ellie sat in the car with Hershel.

"I don't know why you wanted to come. We're just going to be sittin' out here." The farmer spoke calmly.

"I like to be of assistance, and I can assist when dealing with these people." The Dixon girl shrugged, glancing around the car briefly.

Hershel pulled the SUV around just as Daryl walked forward.

"He's already in there." The archer informed. "Sat down with Rick."

"How's that possible? They're aren't any other cars." Ellie glanced around. "Did he walk here?"

"It don't feel right. Keep it running." The Dixon man referred to the car.

Just then, tires rolled along the gravelly ground harshly, alerting the three to a new presence.

"Heads up." Daryl tapped the car absently as Ellie and Hershel climbed out, guns raised.

A soldier, a doctor, and Andrea climbed out of the car calmly.

"What the hell? Why's your boy already in there?" Daryl accused, keeping his weapon trained on the soldier.

"He's here?" Andrea repeated in shock.

"Bingo." Ellie held her weapon towards the blonde. She glanced at the soldier who seemed like he already knew.

After a few minutes of silence, Hershel glanced at the cracked warehouse door.

"Maybe I should go inside." He suggested, even though he knew he wasn't asking their permission.

"The Governor thought it best if he and Rick spoke privately." The doctor man cut in awkwardly.

"Mm, yeah. Andrea's not in there at all." Ellie rolled her eyes.

Daryl glanced at the man. "Who the hell are you?"

"Milton Mamet." He answered quickly before going back to his notepad.