fifty-six - prepains

EPISODE FIFTY-SIX,
prepains
————

EPISODE FIFTY-SIX,prepains————

————

MIMI STOOD NEAR the front gate with Ellie, Maggie, Glenn and a bunch of guns. Together, they loaded up magazines and slapped them into the weapons just as Michonne walked over.
"We have these, but we should hide a few." Maggie spoke up, slamming a filled magazine into a handgun. "That way, we can find them, but strangers can't."
"Just in case anyone gets in." Mimi added grimly. Glenn placed a firm, comforting hand to her shoulder.
"They won't." He assured. Suddenly, however, the group was drawn from their tasks as a familiar young voice rang out.
"Dad! Dad, stop!" Ellie raced after her father as he revved his bike up loudly.
"Oh, no." Michonne grumbled under her breath.

Daryl jumped off his bike, grabbing the chain length of the first fence and yanked it back just as Ellie caught up to him.
"Dad, don't go." She pleaded through heavy breaths.
Rosita glanced between the Dixon's in confusion. "Where're you going?" She finally settled her look on the man.
"Out." Was all Daryl had to say.
Abraham scoffed. "No shit. Any specifics?" The Dixon man didn't respond. Instead, he jumped on his bike and started it up again.
"Dad, I'm serious." Ellie stood next to him, a firm hand on his arm. "Please. I know you, and I know this won't help."
"Let go of me, Ellie." Daryl stared forward unblinking.
"Dad-" The Dixon girl tried again.
Daryl snapped his eyes towards her, a grief fueled anger hidden behind his irises. "Ellie. Now."
The girl spotted Glenn, Maggie, Michonne, and Mimi running up, so she obeyed with a sigh. Immediately, Daryl took off down the street as the other jumped into the van.
"Ellie, what's going on?" Glenn looked at her for answers through the front window. She just shrugged in response.
Glenn sighed and hit the gas to follow, only for Abraham to jump in front of them.
"Whoa! Make room for my freckled ass!" The Ford man moved to climb into the vehicle.
"No." Rosita stopped him, giving Ellie's shoulder a reassuring squeeze as she passed her. "Cover my watch, you stay here." She ordered him.
"We should keep numbers here." Glenn argued.
Rosita opened the door of the van. "I know where Daryl's going."
And with that, they sped away.
Mimi jogged over to Ellie, helping her to pull the gates closed before walking back to Maggie.

————

ELLIE SAT TUCKED into a ball on the sofa. After Daryl left, she's found herself to be in a foul mood. AJ kept himself busy by helping around the pantry and armory.
Just as Ellie was about to nod off, Carl walked in, flopping down onto the sofa next to her.
"Hey, Carl." Ellie turned to face him with a soft smile.
"Hey." Carl returned the favor. "I heard some other went to find you dad. You shouldn't worry about him, he can take care of himself."
The Dixon girl nodded, sliding closer to him as she rested her head on his shoulder. "I know."
It was quiet for a moment longer before Carl spoke up again. "Carol left in the middle of the night. Morgan and my dad went after her."
Ellie sat up at that, her eyebrows furrowing slightly. "She just left?"
"Yeah. Left a note for Tobin, and I guess the rest of us." The Grimes boy sighed. "I don't want to loose anyone else, Ellie. Our lives have just gotten so complicated all of a sudden."
"But we'll be okay. We always are." The Dixon girl pulled the hat from the boys head, brushing his long hair from his face. Sending another soft smile to the teen, Ellie leaned down a placed a kiss to his cheek.
Carl sighed softly, wrapping his arms around his girl and held her close. "You're right. We'll be okay."

————

ENID FOUND MIMI after both of them took over a few shifts. Scott had gone to Enid, telling her about Maggie being on the lookout for her.
"So, why do you need me?" Mimi asked as she followed Enid to their destination.
Enid shrugged. "Because I want to be near you." She said simply.
With three knocks on the door, Maggie walked over and pulled it open, sending the girls both a sweet smile.
"Scott said you need me. What's up?" The brunette asked kindly. Maggie held her hand out for them, inviting both inside the home.
"Need some more help." The Rhee woman stated sweetly.

Mimi sat in front of Maggie as Enid cut her hair. "Wow, it looks great!" She smiled, watching as the woman in question held a mirror up to her face. Her smile was bright and contagious.
"I like it." Enid smiled back. "By why?"
Maggie heaved a sigh. "I have to keep going. And I don't want anything gettin in my way."
"Well, I think this was a good choice." Mimi patted Maggie's knee. "You look smokin."
Maggie smiled, but her face fell rather suddenly. Enid and Mimi shared a worried glance.
"Man, did I make it too short?" Enid began to ramble in panic. "I-I only used to cut my dads."
"No, it's not that?" The Rhee woman panted softly.
Mimi glanced at her girlfriend in worry. "Maggie?"
She was unable to speak when another wave of pain hit, and it hit hard. The mirror fell to the floor with a crash just a few moment before Maggie leaned forward from the chair with a pained yelp.
"Ah! Oh, god!" She held a hand to her stomach in attempt to ease the pain. There was a clatter of footsteps and suddenly Ellie and Carl were behind the girls.
"What happened?" Ellie asked quickly, panic written on her face at the sight of the pregnant woman.
"I-I don't know. She just seemed fine and then..." Enid rambled, grabbing ahold of Mimi's hand for comfort. Ellie dropped to the ground next to Maggie, a hand on her knee.
"Maggie, what's wrong? Where does it hurt?" She pleaded with the woman. Maggie shook her head in an attempt to calm the teens, but she was quickly taken aback by another, worse wave that led to her stomach. She yelped again, falling to the ground as whimpers left her lips.
"Maggie, it's okay. Do you need something?" Mimi crouched next to Ellie, a gentle hand on the woman's knee. Maggie shook her head again, leaning it back onto the legs of the table, her hands reaching out for the girls in front of her.
With an echoing scream, Maggie's hand dug into Ellie and Mimi's palms. Carl had an arm around Enid's shoulder in an attempt to calm her rapidly beating heart.
The Grimes boy knew he had to do something. And he had to do it now.

————