ten - lost on the road

CHAPTER TEN,
lost on the road
————

CHAPTER TEN,lost on the road————

————

BREAKING BACK INTO Woodbury, Ellie rolled her eyes as they listened to the Governor's speech.

And she was ready to jump into action as soon as she had her feet on the ground. Unfortunately, Rick held her back until the others got into position.

Maggie pulled the trigger on her gun, aiming with the scope as he blasted a hole into a walker's head, then into the chest of a female soldier.

The group of townspeople immediately began to scream in fear as Ellie joined in on the gunfire and Rick tossed a smoke bomb.

"Dad!" Ellie screamed from her position behind a trash can at the same time a blonde woman yelled out his name.

The Dixon man rushed towards the voice of his daughter, stealing back his crossbow as they passed the man who held it.

"Daryl." Rick looked at Merle suspiciously.

"Let's go. Go!" The archer ignored his look and ran off, making sure his daughter was ahead of him.

They ran out into the streets, Merle taking lead as the others held their weapons up in a circle.

"They're all at the arena. This way." He jogged off, forcing the rest to follow after him.

"You're not going anywhere with us." Rick stopped him in the middle of the street.

"You really wanna do this now?" The eldest Dixon shuffled to the metal paneling of the walls.

"Come on, man." Daryl kept watch ahead of them as his brother pushed the panels out of their way. "Alright, come on. Go, go, go."

Maggie pushed Ellie ahead of her, Daryl and Rick being the last ones out. Outside, Merle was slamming his metal fist into the head of a walker.

"A little help would be nice!" He shouted over to them.

Daryl instantly shot an arrow through the head of a monster while Ellie shot another.

"We ain't got time for this." The eldest man shouted immediately after.

Ellie rolled her eyes at him as Daryl followed after him quickly. Rick motioned Maggie ahead before jogging after.

Breaking through the trees next to the car, Rick finally spotted the other two members of the large group.

"Glenn!" He whisper yelled over.