forty-four - blaring horn

CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR,
blaring horn
————

CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR,blaring horn————

————

MIMI AND ENID had expressed their feeling for each other the day before, after everything.

Ron wasn't very happy when the brunette girl broke up with him, just to be seen laughing and walking down the street with Mimi right next to her.

In all honesty, Ellie thought the two girls were perfect for each other. They had a lot in common, having been through so much during the fall.

They had an understanding between them, able to just sit in silence then being obligated to start a conversation like Enid had to do with Ron. They had an easiness between them.

Ellie was taking AJ to Jessie's house for a haircut when Ron stormed out of the house. He didn't even spare a glance at the kids as he rushed down the stairs.

"This is a bad time, Jessie?" Ellie peeked her head into the house. The blonde woman sighed, looking over with a small smile.

"No, come on in." She patted the seat in her kitchen she had set up. "Is there a specific thing you had in mind? Just a trim?"

AJ shrugged, pushing himself into the bar stool. "I don't care. Whatever you wanna do."

Jessie glanced at Ellie who shrugged. "I don't care. Work your lovely magic, my dear." Jessie laughed softly. Ellie walked around to the woman, placing a comforting hand on the woman.

"I'll see if I can find Ron, yeah?" The Dixon girl offered.

"You don't have to-" Jessie shook her head.

"I will." She nodded, glancing at AJ. "Be good, or she'll cut your earlobe off."

Jessie laughed again, a genuine laugh. "I won't do that, AJ don't worry." She looked at the girl. "I got him."

"Thanks, Jess." Ellie smiled as she walked out of the house. She looked around, finding the boy sitting by the pond in the middle of the neighborhood.

"Ron." The Dixon girl jogged over to him. "Hey, what's up?"

"Did my mom send you?" The boy didn't even look up at her.

"No? I wanted to see if you were okay." Ellie crouched next to him, offering him a smile.

Ron just looked at her and scoffed, her smile falling instantly. "If I'm okay? I was okay. Before you and you're group showed up. Before you're leader killed my dad. Before your friend took my girlfriend."