forty - they panicked

CHAPTER FORTY,
they panicked
————

CHAPTER FORTY,they panicked————

————

COUGHING THE DUST out of her lungs, Ellie tried her best to push herself off the ground.

"Noah?" She called weakly. "Glenn?"

"Here, I got you." The Rhee man stumbled over to her, grabbing her arm gently and pulling her to her feet. "You okay?"

"Yeah." Ellie rubbed her temple. "What the hell happened?"

"The grenade went off." Glenn reminded her.

"Oh, God." Nicolas mumbled. "Oh, God." Glenn and Ellie walked forward, looking through the boxes to see Aiden impaled into a broken pointed shelf. Nicolas continued to suppress his gags.

"He's dead." He solemnly confirmed. The walkers that were once behind the chain length were now free, roaming around for fresh meat while snarling eerily.

"Noah? Tara? Eugene?" Glenn called frantically, using his flashlight to look for his friends. The snarling got closer and as they both whirled around, they came face to face with Noah.

Ellie sighed with relief, pulling the young man into an embrace he returned quickly.

"You good?" He asked them as Ellie pulled away.

"Yeah." Glenn patted his shoulder gently. "Cafe is open. They're getting out."

"We gotta find-" Ellie began, getting cut off by another yell.

"Here!" Eugene called a little ways away. "Over here." The trio was quick to jog over, peering over some boxes at a conscious Eugene and passed out Tara. Blood ran down the side of her head.

"Is she breathing?" The Dixon girl asked nervously. "Eugene!"

"I-I can't tell from right here." The cowardly man whimpered.

"They're getting close!" Nicolas yelled, the snarling indeed getting louder. When they turned back around, Eugene's hand was up, shakily pointing down the aisle.

"Walker." He warned them. "Walker." Glenn walked over, seeing the monster shuffling towards the fake scientist.

"Eugene, it's yours. Take it out." The Rhee man encouraged. And the man tried, holding the gun Noah had given him up while trying to control his anxious shaking.

Unfortunately, another monster appeared next to him, tackling his body to the ground.

"Shit." Ellie jumped over the shelf, grabbing the one off Eugene and shoving it back. She then grabbed her knife, the one Carl had gifted her, and stabbed it into the walkers head.