twenty-eight - new friends

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT,
new friends
————

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT,new friends————

————

ELLIE MADE QUICK work to befriend Maria, or Mimi as she preferred to be called. Turns out they were the same age, and they shared a lot of the same interests from before the world fell.

"Hey, Ellie?" Mimi jogged up to the girl as they walked down a street.

"Hey, Mimi." The Dixon girl smiled, slowing down slightly to catch up with her.

"I was wondering, when we part ways, would you come with us? To Washington?" The Espinosa girl asked sweetly. "I think you and your dad would help us out a lot. I think all of you would."

Ellie thought about it. "I think...I think it would be a fun journey. But, I don't want to split this group up. We just got back together, I don't want to loose them again. So, I think it depends on what the others say."

"I can understand that. I wouldn't want to split from my group either." Mimi smiled softly. "Also, I wanted to, uh, run something by you..."

"What's up?" The Dixon girl furrowed her eyebrows briefly.

"It's just-" The girl began.

"Ellie! My legs hurt." AJ jogged over to them. Ellie gave Mimi a apologetic look before turning to the boy. She took her bag off her shoulder and crouched down.

"Hop on. I'll carry you." She held her arms at the ready. AJ beamed.

"Really?" He asked, Ellie nodding in return. The Whiting boy was quick to jump up on her back, the Dixon girl pulling her bag around him in order ti hold him easier.

"Comfy?" She looked at him over her shoulder.

"Incredibly." AJ yawned, leaning his head on her shoulders. Ellie laughed lightly and continued walking.

One night, Ellie sat nearby her father and Carol, AJ sitting with Carl across the fire catching up.

"I don't wanna talk about it." Carol said suddenly, causing the Dixon girl to glance back at her. "I can't."

Daryl stayed silent, looking at her with his chin resting on his crossbow.

Ellie knew what she was talking about, the murder of Karen and David from the prison.

She didn't hold it against Carol, in all honesty, Ellie would have done the same.

"I just need to forget it." The short haired woman shrugged, looking over at the Dixon's.