twenty - whodunit?

CHAPTER TWENTY,
whodunit?
————

CHAPTER TWENTY,whodunit?————

————

TYREESE HAD INSISTED only digging the graves for Karen and David. Their murders spread fast in the prison, everyone pointing fingers silently.

Ellie had grown dangerously pale, and she was starting to feel more and more wobbly as the hours passed. When she finally decided to go to Dr. S, she ran into Sasha who looked just as bad as her, if not worse.

The two used the other for support as they left the building, but once they got outside Sasha doubled over in a coughing fit.

Ellie held onto her, raising her other hand to stop Glenn and Hershel from walked any closer.

"We're going to see Dr. S." The Dixon girl wheezed. "We'll be okay." Sasha finally steadied herself and the two walked off with no further comment.

When they got to Block A, Sasha yanked the door open and stumbled in behind Ellie.

"Dr. S...?" The Williams woman tried, but could get no higher than a whisper. The other people who had shown symptoms moaned and coughed loudly, trying their best to fight off the disease.

"Dr. S?" Sasha tried again, this time louder than before. The girls used the structure around them as support as they walked down the hall. Ellie, unfortunately, had to yank Sasha away from a closed cell as a walker grasped for them.

"We have to tell them..." Caleb limped over, not looking any better than the others. "It's starting."

"Oh, man." The Dixon girl sighed.

————

SITTING AROUND A table, Glenn tried his best to wipe the sweat off his face.

"It spread." Hershel started the meeting. "Everyone who survived the attack in cell block D. Sasha, Caleb, Ellie, and now others."

Daryl shifted, keeping his head down when his sickly daughter was mentioned. He didn't even want to think about her dying cause of this. He just wanted to find a solution, a cure.

"So, what do we do?" Carol asked openly.

"Fist things first. Cell block A is isolation. We keep the sick people there like we tried with Karen and David." The Greene man kept calm.

"The hell are we gonna do about that?" The Dixon man cut in.

"Ask Rick to look into it." The short haired woman appeased. "Try to make a timeline—who's where when. But, what are we gonna do to stop this?"