fourteen - clear

CHAPTER FOURTEEN,
clear
————

CHAPTER FOURTEEN,clear————

————

EARLY THE NEXT morning, Carl walked into Ellie's cell and nudged her foot. The Dixon girl shot up with a gasp.

"Come on, it's time for our run." The Grimes boy motioned her along.

Ellie sighed, realizing it was just him as she swung her legs over the end of the bunk.

"Thanks, Carl." She rubbing her eyes.

"You sure you wanna go? How's your leg?" The boy crossed his arms, leaning against the wall calmly.

"Yeah, I'm good." Ellie pulled her shoes on. "We should get going, it'll probably take a while to get to where we're going."

The car ride was silent, Michonne driving, Rick in the passenger seat, and the kids in the back.

They all looked to the side of the road at a man waving them down.

"Hey! Slow down. Slow down!" The man's voice was muffled from the car. "Slow-I'm begging you! I'm begging you!" He tried to run after them. "Please!" He fell to his knees harshly, but the car never faltered.

Ellie glanced at the Grimes boy, the look on his face easily recognizable.

"It could've been an ambush. He didn't look hurt, or starving." She calmed his racing mind.

They continued their journey quietly, all until they got a a block in the road.

Michonne slowed down, pulling the SUV off the road to maneuver around the wreckage. They looked around at the dead, rotten bodies that sat in the ruined cars.

Ellie stared in disgust, taking a minute before realizing the car was stopped.

Looking to the front, she realized they were stuck, if Michonne pushing in the gas pedal meant anything.

"Wait-" She tried, getting cut off by her own yelp as a small group of walkers slammed against the windows.

Rick glanced back at the kids. "Cover your ears." He warned, rolling the window down just enough to get the barrel of his gun through.

Leaning against an old car next to Carl, Ellie watched while Rick dug through a suitcase.

"This'll work." He stood with an ugly floral dress in hand. Michonne sheathed her sword, following after them towards the SUV.