Always You

It was a very productive day that would not allow her to see her children at all. After Andrea was demoted back to tool monkey, they still had plenty of time to remake Al's SWAT van. Well, they didn't know that but Michonne had seen the designs for a simple system so they could load up four of their heavy machine guns. Daryl had sat down with her journal when Michonne had waved it in Amy's face, demanding they make it a reality.

"These are pretty good." Daryl mumbled after they finally installed the gun hammocks into place. Duke had wandered over and demanded to help since he assisted with her truck.

"What?" Amy asked absently, running a cool wet cloth over her face. She looked over to see he was pointing to zombie traps she had doodled. The one he was pointing to was the large pit that used windchimes to draw them in.

"What's that?"

"Cherry picker is placed outside a very large hole, park cars around it and make a curved wall with sheet metal." Amy pointed out the smaller part of the drawing. "Then you use posts to secure the cars so they can't just knock the bait down. There's another with a smaller hole, just use the side of a building."

"What do ya do wit' 'em all?" Daryl squinted his eyes in thought, flipping through the pages absently. It made her nervous, this man was a survivor when no one knew what survival truly meant. Would he think her ideas were stupid? Alot of them were stolen or adapted from her former life but not all.

"Burn them or use them for target practice." Amy shrugged, biting her lip while she watched his reaction. "The whole point is you put these around where you want to settle long term. I think, in theory, it would cut down on how many walkers pile up on your walls."

"What about this?" Daryl leaned closer so that their sides were pressed together. He either didn't notice or he didn't mind but why didn't the man stink? It took a moment before Amy noticed what he was pointing at.

"That's for offense..." Amy bit her lip looking away, wondering how he would react to some of the more final solutions she had written for enemies. "Put some string lights and speakers behind a cage in the trailer to draw them in. It can all be done with remote control."

"A walker bomb?" The hunter smirked and nodded, his eyes focused on the book in his lap.

"Woman!" Daryl actually laughed when he shoved the book into her face. "This aint the middle ages! Ain't no one gonna wear chain mail!"

"Okay, I kind of got it after I experimented at camp." Amy laughed too, turning the pages to her idea of using strips of leather to their clothes to protect from bites. "It would be way too heavy and loud to move in."

"Only way to not get bit s'not to get bit." Daryl grumbled, glancing up at her blushing cheeks. "They aint smart or fast. We're in Georgia, too hot for all that!"

"It's just ideas." Her blush was reaching epic proportions and she tried to reach for the book but he lifted it above his head. "C'mon, Daryl!"

"I aint done!" He had the audacity to stand up, she was not falling for it and crossed her arms with a scowl. "Don' be like that, girl! S'lotta good ideas!"

"Ya'll gonna help?" Duke shouted over the sound of Michonne cutting through the side of the SWAT bus. "Or just gonna stand around flirtin' all day?"

When Daryl actually took two steps away sheepishly, Amy glared at the teenager. Duke turned back to Michonne, nodding along with whatever Andrea was shouting. The blonde doubted it was anything important. She glanced back at the hunter and her scowl became even more pronounced when he was avoiding her eyes.