It is a Matter of Hoarding

"This is Jamie, she's eleven." Amy had the children directly in front of her, introducing them to the camp with a sharp eye. "And this is Billy, he's 9 and loves cars!"

Andrea stood in front of her with a gaping mouth, not understanding how she could come back to camp two days in a row with children at her hip. Most of the campers looked at her and Glenn skeptically but Shane was rubbing his hair in a way that showed his annoyance and uncertainty. It was never decided if they would take in more people, it was just assumed to most that they would look after themselves. One of the only people who brought back useful things bringing in more dependents rather than food made them rather irked. Instead of showing how flustered he was Shane stepped forward with a bright charming smile.

"Amy!" Emma came darting out the RV, with the door open the whole camp could hear Braden crying but the girl didn't stop until she rammed into Amy's legs. There were tears in her big blue eyes and she tugged the blonde's shirt until she was lifted. "Where were you? You were gone so long! Braden wont stop crying."

"Okay, Glenn pull the trailer up to the bus, I'll organize it once I get the kids settled." Amy briskly tossed the keys to him before ushering the children away, stopping by her sister. "Lend me a hand?"

"Wait." Shand tried following, his long strides catching up easily." We can help with that."

"It's fine Shane, Andrea and Dale are the ones who do inventory with me. Most of the trailer is stuff for the kids anyway." She blatantly lied to get away.

It was not a matter of hoarding, it was a matter of fucking apocalypse. Amy now had four children and her sister to keep safe. And maybe Dale and Jim...okay and Glenn. Daryl and Merle could fend for themselves and Shane would keep Lori and Carl alive at all costs. She glances around the camp to find many people watching the trailer with covetous eyes. Honestly, she had not interacted with most people camping with them. T-Dog spent most of his time herding the few elderly he brought with him, Carol was never out of Ed's reach along with Sofia, Jaqui spent most of her time in her tent, the Morales family kept to themselves in their own RV, and the many other nameless and faceless campers kept to their tents.

When they did get bold to speak to her, it was to ask for things. Like she needed a shopping list, one girl even asked her for a Louis bag. What the fuck? Did she look like an opportunist looter? No, she was aiming for a badass zombie apocalypse survivor, bringing in supplies by the ton. It wouldn't hurt it they said thank you once in a while either.

"Well, you really should be looking for things the group needs as a whole." Shane was explaining in that tone that immediately had Andreas shoulders by her ears. It didn't matter what or who her little sister brought back to camp, her sister was the one going out for things. Andrea could explain and lecture Amy but no one else. "In fact I think-"

"I think that Amy has been out almost every day since we set camp." The older blonde stepped between Shane and her sister, arms crossed over her chest. "She has brought food, clothes, tents, medicine, and everything else that we should need to last until we figure something out. My sister also helps with the camp inventory so that she knows what we have and what we need."

"Andrea." Shane took a deep breath looking beyond the lawyer to her younger sister who now had the keys in her hand and was herding the children inside. "I just feel like we should discuss what we bring back to camp. Your sister just brought a trailer full of baby clothes when she knows we need weapons to protect ourselves."

"What's going on?" Glenn interjected, seeing the crowd around Andrea, he felt his stomach drop with dread. When he came back from Atlanta with a trunk full of beans and ramen there was never an inquiry. The first time he goes with Amy, he realized he really should have listened to her suggestion sooner. It may be farther away but the smaller towns have less dead and easier scores.