I know How the Safety Works

The morning light did not make the scene from the night before any less devastating. The campsite was torn to shreds, bodies littered the ground, and the chickens escaped. Andrea was just sitting against Dale's RV, staring at nothing with her gun in her lap. The men were moving bodies at a snail's pace while Rick and Shane argued about where they would be moving to. Lori fretted with a despondent Carl at her feet, anytime he moved to walk away the grip on his shirt would turn to iron. Carol sat besides Ed's body sobbing, forcing Sofia to sit in her lap to mourn her father. Hector was moving bodies with the men but his family was nowhere to be found.

Amy forced the children to stay in the RV, well, not really forced. They just didn't want her or Michonne to leave them alone but there was work to be done. After the blonde checked on her quail, she moved to her sister. The older woman didn't react to her younger sister sitting beside her, just clutched the gun her father gave her tighter.

"Have you been out here all night?" Amy asked, placing an arm around her sister when she didn't respond. After a few minutes she stood up and placed her arms around Andrea to help her up. "C'mon you can sleep in the RV, you're going to get sick."

A click. "I know how the safety works."

Amy only froze for a brief moment before she snatched the gun from her sister's hand with fury. The older woman appeared confused that the gun was gone and her fingers were slowly being bent back painfully. A full, hysterical scream built in her throat when she felt like her hand was about to snap in half.

"Did you just pull your fucking gun on me?" Amy's voice carried throughout the camp, startling the former cops out of their argument.

She was suddenly furious, she had built a warning system, gotten weapons for everyone and placed them into responsible hands, even gotten them chickens to draw the attention of the dead but it appeared a lot of the camp was still wiped out. Her sister stared dead into her eyes, like Amy had wronged her somehow.

"Give it back."

"Fuck you." Amy spat before grabbing her sister by her arm and dragging her to her feet. The camp watched with a little fear when Andrea was dragged to Michonne's RV and practically thrown bodily inside. "You want to explain yourself?"

"Give it back."

"Absolutely not. Explain what the fuck is going on in your head!"

"Give it back!"

"I'm not a kid anymore, Andrea. I'm not playing these games with you. Tell me what the hell is wrong with you!" Amy was screaming in the end, shoving the hand gun in her waistband.

"Give it back!" Andrea screamed back, looking ready to attack her sister.

"You want to act like a child." The young blonde took a deep breath, trying to relax but her sister just pulled a gun on her. "You're on time out."

With that she turned on her heel, ignoring the shriek of rage at her back. The camp was watching curiously but she walked determinedly to Daryl and Merle. Taking out a pair of work gloves, she and Michonne started stabbing bodies with their modified ice pick sticks just to be sure. It was gross and the sounds were nauseating but it had to be done.

"That's a good idea." Rick commented after twenty minutes of standing around watching them. "Did you make those?"

"Yeah."

"When?" The former deputy asked when neither woman elaborated.

"Amy made them when we hit the CDC." Michonne sighed, looking at her friend in concern. She had seen her moving mechanically, just getting the job done as quickly as possible so her mind could not catch up.