Chapter 156 - Solo (3)

As Director Kim Do-hee, whose hair had become even more unruly, checked today’s domestic box office rankings on her laptop, her eyes widened.

“······1st place. ‘Drug Dealer’ is in 1st place right now, right? Am I seeing this correctly?”

Although she spoke in a somewhat dazed manner, the staff from the production and distribution companies around her were in a similar state.

“Yes, Director~nim. I…I also see it as 1st place.”

“Me too.”

“Try refreshing it. It might be an error.”

As if that could be the case. An employee operating the laptop pressed the refresh button. But the result was the same.

“It’s true, Director~nim. It’s in 1st place.”

From here, the staff from the production and distribution companies accepted the reality.

“Hahaha! I thought it would do well but to be 1st place right away!”

“What did I tell you?!! 1st place just one day after its release! It’s really been a while since we’ve seen this!!”

“Congratulations, Director~nim!! ‘Drug Dealer’ pushed aside all the movies released on the same day! Haha, and ‘Drug Dealer’ is rated R!”

“Isn’t this a huge success??!”

They began to jump around in excitement. It was almost like a burst of light. They were that elated. Well, it was understandable. ‘Drug Dealer’ had pushed aside many films. Those that were already released and riding a wave of success, as well as other competitors and anticipated films expected to release on the same day. ‘Drug Dealer’ had confidently crushed them all and taken 1st place.

Though it was just for one day, 1st place is still 1st place.

What was peculiar was,

“Really? For real?”

Director Kim Do-hee herself still had a face that seemed to be wondering if it was all a dream. She knew too well the limitations of an R-rated movie. No matter how much top actors like Jin Jae-jun or issue-makers like Kang Woojin were involved, if the audience was limited to adults, the firepower is weak.

But ‘Drug Dealer’ scoffed at such notions.

At this moment,

“······This could really cause a sensation.”

Director Kim Do-hee faintly thought that ‘Drug Dealer’ might mark a new chapter for R-rated films. Something about it was unusually formidable.

Regardless,

“Articles.”

“What??!”

“Spread the articles! Prepare the Youtube promotional videos we had ready, and also the SNS campaign events!!”

Director Kim Do-hee urgently shouted. The staff from the production and distribution companies staff, suppressing their exploding joy,

“Understood! We’ll start with the articles!”

“We’ll handle the SNS side!”

“We’ll also start contacting the actors right away!!”

began to move swiftly. They had to spread the news of this unexpected success as quickly as possible.

However,

“Ah – Look at this! The reporters have already caught the scent and are moving!!”

The media was already spreading the news.