Chapter 57 - Torrent (2)

“······20.3%??!!”

Everyone at the BBQ restaurant was agape at the words of PD Song Man-woo, who was smiling faintly. Well, it was a figure worth gaping at.

“Is, is it for real?”

“PD, don’t joke around!”

“Really, 20.3%??!”

At the staff’s outbursts, PD Song Man-woo gave a thumbs up.

“Yes, 20.3%”

Dozens of staff and actors jumped up and cheered. It seemed like an exaggerated response, but the exhilaration was palpable.

“Wooooah!!”

“Crazy! It exceeded 20%?!”

“Let’s toast, cheers!!”

“Totally awesome! It’s going to be chaos tomorrow, right?!”

“Hey hey! Let’s eat and drink till we drop today!!”

With people hugging each other and jumping up and down in joy, the second floor of the BBQ restaurant quickly turned into a club-like atmosphere. Everyone was relieved. All the hard work and struggles they went through seemed to vanish in that moment.

Madness.

The staff shared their excitement by pouring and drinking alcohol, and the actors also imagined each other’s bright future and resonated. The managers of the actors were busy making calls somewhere. Meanwhile, the assistant director ran down to the first floor to share the crazy news.

And as if passing the baton,

“The ratings, how much did we get??!”

Choi Sung-gun who was on the first floor, rushed upstairs. Behind him were the other actor’s managers. Choi Sung-gun, who heard the ratings,

“······Haha. 20%?”

looked a little crazy. It was a rating he couldn’t have imagined. At this, PD Song Man-woo handed a soju glass to Choi Sung-gun with a smile.

“It’s been- about 3 years since a drama got 20% viewer ratings.”

“But… hasn’t it been almost non-existent for the first episode to hit 20%?”

“That’s not just a record. No, It’s become history. Our drama, including all the broadcasting companies, was promoted to an unprecedented level, and the media also played a big part in pulling the viewers by saying it’s a drama war and whatnot. The viewers after checking out other dramas, settled on ours, right?”

While PD Song Man-woo was explaining to the dazed Choi Sung-gun and toasting with him, he also explained to the entire staff.

“But this is not the final overall rating but a mid-run rating, so it may vary a bit from final. But it will be roughly similar.”

PD Song Man-woo patted Kang Woojin’s shoulder, who was sitting quietly.

“Because Park Dae-ri in the second half really tightened the tension. So, the drop in viewer rating would have been less. It might even be higher.”

Soon, the staff praised Kang Woojin, who was sitting quietly.

“Wow- Park Dae-ri! Park Dae-ri!”

“Definitely! Park Dae-ri’s impact was incredible!”

“Woojin! Aren’t you too calm??! Haha!”

Kang Woojin, however, seemed somewhat indifferent. Why? Because he was so shocked that his mind had stopped functioning.