Chapter 176 - Appearance Fee (1)

Writer Choi Nana was contracted with DM Production, led by PD Song Man-woo as the overall directing director and CEO. Therefore, she had left the writer’s group led by Park Eun-mi and was now working in a studio provided by DM Production. Currently, Choi Na-na and PD Song Man-woo were in the midst of an initial script meeting.

Upon hearing Kang Woojin’s appearance fee, writer Choi Na-na’s eyes widened behind her round glasses.

“Per, per episode 40······”

For her, who debuted with ‘Male Friend,’ it was an astronomical amount. On the other hand, for the drama mogul PD Song Man-woo, it wasn’t as surprising.

“It’s a baseline, Choi~ssi, the minimum. That means we start at 40, and we negotiate from there.”

“Ah, so even 50-60?”

“It’s definitely possible. It’s a lot more than during ‘Male Friend,’ right?”

“I… didn’t hear the details. Director Shin Dong-chun took care of it.”

PD Song Man-woo stroked his beard and leaned back in his chair, recalling the early days of ‘Profiler Hanryang.’

‘Back then, Woojin~ssi’s per episode fee was 3.5 million won. Now, it’s even reaching over 60 million won.’

PD Song Man-woo smiled incredulously.

‘It jumped 20 times in less than a year.’

A fee of 3.5 million won per episode was impressive for a newbie, and a fee ranging from 40 to 60 million won per episode was comparable to A-list actors. Of course, given Kang Woojin’s current momentum, a fee in the hundreds of millions was conceivable. However, experience was an irreplaceable factor in market value.

After all, Kang Woojin was still in his first year.

‘Yet, the market value assessed for Woojin~ssi has already surpassed common sense.’

For a rookie not even a year into his debut to be valued at 60 million per episode was nearly nonsensical. It was an unheard-of scenario in the entertainment industry. Yet, Kang Woojin had made the impossible possible and remained unparalleled. A new precedent was set, but it was unlikely that someone like Woojin would appear again.

After all, Kang Woojin’s filmography was almost like a fantasy.

Then, PD Song Man-woo, who had been quietly breathing, looked down at the two copies of Choi Na-na’s script and spoke.

“To secure Woojin~ssi, we have to consider up to a maximum of 70 million won.”

“H-how much??”

“If Woojin~ssi doesn’t do it, there’s no point in discussing it. Well, you don’t need to worry about the production cost. This is DM Production’s first project, and we have plenty of funds. Setting up the production team is no issue either. We’ve already recruited the key staff members. This project is a one-man show for the male lead. So, it’s all about casting the right actor.”

“Ah.”

“It’s okay, it’s not completely impossible. From what I know, Woojin~ssi has only doing ‘Island of the Missing’ and ‘The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger’ excluding variety shows.”

Naturally, they were completely unaware of anything regarding Director Ahn Ga-bok. Thus, PD Song Man-woo’s calculations only went up until Director Ahn Ga-bok’s work. Nonetheless, a visible tension flashed across the slender face of writer Choi Na-na. Or perhaps it was pressure? Noticing this, PD Song Man-woo infused his smile with reassurance.