Chapter 127 - Departure (1)

The script reading for ‘Freezing Love’.

Despite the presence of dozens of actors, staff, officials, and reporters, the reading room was relatively quiet.

“······”

“······”

The actors who had arrived early were looking through their scripts, while the staff and officials busied themselves with their tasks, and the reporters were looking down at their phones.

However, what they all had in common was:

– Swoosh.

Pretending not to, they were sneakily glancing at the rookie actor who had arrived a few minutes earlier. While pretending to read their scripts or check their phones, they stealthily focused their eyes towards Kang Woojin, who was sitting near the end of a ‘U’-shaped table.

-[Role of ‘Mysterious Man Next Door / Mr. Kang Woojin’]

His role was more of a minor or cameo, so he was seated towards the back. Anyway, since the introductions were already over, Woojin, who was sitting in his spot, looked down at his script with an indifferent face. He seemed completely uninterested in his surroundings.

Meanwhile, the actors whispered.

“Woojin seems really serious, doesn’t he? I heard rumors, but he’s more cynical than I imagined.”

“Right. But considering he greeted everyone earlier, it doesn’t seem like he’s arrogant. Maybe he’s just naturally introverted?”

“He’s definitely the tough-to-get-close-to type.”

“But given his blockbuster-level trajectory since debut, I guess he wouldn’t be nervous about a reading session like this?”

“That’s true. He turned everything upside down, from Korea to Japan. Why would he be nervous here?”

The murmurs of the reporters spread.

“He’s calm, that guy. After he set off nuclear bombs in both Korea and Japan.”

“It’s strange. Just by his aura, he looks like a top-tier veteran, not a newcomer. I’ve never seen a rookie like him.”

“It’s all about firsts with him. He’s so composed, we couldn’t even get an interview. It’s not easy to approach him; rookies usually have a softer edge, but he’s too rigid. Is it just me?”

“Me too. Really, he’s different from ordinary rookies. Look at him, immediately reading the script as soon as he arrived.”

“That guy works with big directors like Kwon Ki-taek. Why would a reading like this make him nervous?”

“Huh? Isn’t this “star” writer Lee Wol-seon’s script reading?”

“Yeah, but you know what I mean.”

On the other hand, Kang Woojin was currently engaged in a battle with the sound of his own heart.

‘Ah- really. It’s hard to get used to this silent atmosphere. I can tell everyone is sneaking glances. Just ignore them, ignore.’

It was more awkwardness than tension. After all, there was truly no one he knew in this reading session. In fact, this was the first script reading session where Woojin didn’t know anyone. Even Choi Sung-gun, who usually accompanied him, wasn’t there, nor was writer Lee Wol-seon.

‘Well, maybe it’s better that writer Lee Wol-seon isn’t here.’

Feeling suffocated, perhaps that’s why Kang Woojin’s act became more pronounced. His poker face intensified. Then, perhaps to find some mental stability.