Chapter 76 - Expansion (5)

Suncheon, the set for the shooting of ‘Drug Dealer.’

The vast set, reflecting the ambiance of the 1990s with buildings and houses of that era, was already in the midst of filming ‘Drug Dealer.’

“Cut! I couldn’t hear the line just now. Let’s focus and try it again!”

Directed by Kim Do-hee, who still has a charismatic aura, there were various cameras, lighting, audio equipment, and so on, surrounded by dozens of staff members who were attending to these devices.

The actors were divided into those who were observing and those who were performing.

The interesting thing was,

“Who are those people over there?”

“They’re from the distribution and production companies.”

“Oh-”

There seemed to be a noticeably larger number of people on set today. Their unexpected appearance had a simple reason.

“They must be here to see Kang Woojin today since the situation hasn’t been good.”

“Because they’re worried?”

“It could be that, but maybe they also want to see the overall balance?”

It was important for both the production and distribution companies to see Kang Woojin in person because of the recent issues surrounding him.

Around this time,

“Good! Cut!”

Director Kim Do-hee approved the last scene. Then she instructed the assistant director,

“Let’s take a 10-minute break.”

“Yes! We’ll continue after a 10-minute break!”

Upon the assistant director’s shout, the crew quickly moved to the filming zone. Meanwhile, people gathered around Director Kim Do-hee, who was seated in front of three monitors.

They were members of the production and distribution companies.

“Director, isn’t it about time for Kang Woojin to arrive?”

At the question, Director Kim Do-hee nodded.

“We were informed he’d arrive within 10 minutes.”

Soon, some expressed their concerns.

“I’ve been thinking a lot now that today has come. Will everything really be okay?”

“It was a bit of a gamble. Kang Woojin is trending, so he’ll draw the public’s attention, but the preparation time was short. Did he have enough time in just 3 weeks to fully analyze the role of ‘Lee Sang-man’?”

Kim Do-hee, brushing back her unruly hair, let out a small sigh.

“We have to trust Woojin. He was very confident during our meeting. Even if the results are disappointing, it won’t be Woojin’s fault. If the acting quality drops due to lack of time, we should take the blame. Moreover, we couldn’t find any actor who speaks Japanese as well as Woojin.”

“That’s true.”

Darkness clouded the faces of the production and distribution staff. To them, Kang Woojin was just a rising rookie.

“Oh, I heard you were thinking of making slight changes to the role of ‘Lee Sang-man’? Maybe it’s better to cancel that?”

“…If it becomes too challenging, I’ll consider omitting it.”