Chapter 133 - Backer (1)

A smile spread across the chairman’s face as he stroked the head of his grandson, who had regained his lost laughter. Even so, he pondered.

‘That new actor from Korea, what was his name – Kang Woojin?’

He continued to nurture a misunderstanding, a misconception, all by himself.

‘It must be that he has a family member or someone important who is in a similar situation as my grandson. I’m sure of it; sign language is too difficult to learn just as a hobby or out of interest.’

The situation seemed quite plausible to the chairman, almost inevitable.

‘Learning other languages might not be easy, but there are rewards that follow. However, sign language is different. It has limited use compared to other languages and is used by only a select few.’

In other words, sign language wasn’t something one would learn to enhance a career or resume. At this point, the chairman began to reminisce about the past, those incredibly difficult days, as he looked into his grandson’s eyes.

The sign language he learned solely for his grandchild.

‘I know all too well. As much as it’s done for love, it must have been hell.’

Although he didn’t know the face or voice of this actor from another country, the chairman felt a strong sense of kinship with Kang Woojin. Regardless of his ignorance, it was impressive enough that he became an actor while learning such a language.

Then he paused.

‘Wait. But why Japanese Sign Language? Why not Korean Sign Language? Ah- right, maybe this important person is related to Japan.’

His misconceptions were now compounded with another error. At this moment, his grandson, beaming continuously, added more in sign language.

[“It seems Kang Woojin is also good at Japanese Sign Language and speaks Japanese really well! He seemed very comfortable conversing with the PD and the staff.”]

[“Is that so?”]

Japanese too? The chairman felt a bit more certain and genuinely admired.

‘Japanese Sign Language and Japanese language too? He’s not just an ordinary actor. There’s a good reason he’s making noise,’

The chairman mused inwardly for a moment before shifting his thoughts. He focused on the smiling face of his grandson in front of him.

‘Anyway, I’m grateful. He’s given my grandson his lost smile.’

It had been almost 10 years since he had seen his grandson smile like that. Behind the smiling grandson, on a desk, were several documents. On the cover of these documents was a company name.

– Kashiwa.

‘Kashiwa Group’, a major conglomerate within the top ten of Japan’s business hierarchy. The ‘Kashiwa Group’ engaged in numerous businesses and subsidiaries, including chemicals, textiles, construction, housing, food, electronics, and pharmaceuticals. They had deep business ties with various corporations, including major Korean companies. The chairman was the top predator and owner of this the ‘Kashiwa Group’, his name being Yoshimura Hideki.

A blatant display of a chaebol family.

But even a chairman of a chaebol family is human. There was no escaping the sudden tragedy that struck. About 10 years ago, there was a grievous piece of news.

‘Kashiwa Group’s Vice President Tragically Dies in Car Accident; His Wife and Son Were in the Car’

It was Chairman Hideki’s eldest son. The car accident involved the couple and their four-year-old son. Tragically, the parents died instantly, but miraculously, the young son survived.