Chapter 85 - Acceleration (1)

The question of whether Kang Woojin had been a singer in the past had Choi Sung-gun’s confusion spread to everyone in the studio, including Director Kim So-hyang.

“Huh? CEO Choi, what are you talking about? Are you saying he was or he wasn’t?”

Everyone in the room was staring intently at Choi Sung-gun. Meanwhile, Choi Sung-gun seemed captivated by Kang Woojin, who was singing passionately inside the booth.

‘I’m not sure myself. Whether it’s true or not.’

Giving a clear answer was difficult. There was no hint that Kang Woojin had ever been a singer, but there was no guarantee he hadn’t either.

Above all, that insane singing ability.

‘… If he’s that good, it wouldn’t be surprising if he had some history in singing-‘

Eventually, Choi Sung-gun, regaining his composure, turned to the people staring intently at him.

“No. Well… let’s listen a bit more for now.”

For now, he wanted to hear more of Kang Woojin’s singing. Despite the frustrating expression, Director Kim So-hyang and the rest shifted their gaze back to Woojin in the booth.

-♬♪

Before they knew it, Woojin had already finished the first verse and was moving into the second. It was a melodious yet somehow melancholic song, perfect for winter. Watching Woojin, Choi Sung-gun crossed his arms slowly.

‘Did he work as a background singer? Or maybe did some busking overseas?’

Choi Sung-gun’s mind was filled with far-fetched assumptions. He recalled videos of foreigners busking freely on the streets abroad. Whether singing Korean or foreign songs, given Kang Woojin’s current performance, it seemed entirely plausible.

‘Nothing is unnecessary in acting. Any experience can be helpful.’

Music demands emotion. If designing helped in fostering creativity and reverse thinking for acting, maybe he engaged with music to fluidly express various emotions?

‘…If he pursued design for acting, then perhaps singing had a similar reason.’

Choi Sung-gun increasingly lost himself in his imagination.

‘But with that level of skill, he could’ve genuinely been a professional singer, right?’

He sneaked a peek at Hwalin in front of him. She, an ultra-popular singer in her eighth year, was completely captivated by Woojin’s song.

‘If even Hwalin, who didn’t seem close to Woojin, is reacting like this, that says everything.’

Choi Sung-gun almost laughed out loud. He found the whole situation absurd and unbelievable—just like Kang Woojin himself.

‘What kind of life have you lived? Did God create you with special attention?’

He was self-taught to the level of overshadowing top actors and fluent in foreign languages. That alone would have required an unthinkable amount of time and effort. But to also possess a professional singer-level voice?

It was beyond imagination. Hence, Choi Sung-gun gave up trying to comprehend.

Meanwhile, Kang Woojin in the booth…

-♬♪

He was approaching the chorus of the second verse. His voice was slightly deeper, but the intensity was increasing. It was like… scratching one’s throat? The high notes were clear, but the slight raspiness captured everyone’s attention.